Array and structures

One cannot combine loops with latent nodes - note the clock icon on the MoveComponenTo.

My MoveTo is a custom event that lives inside another target actor (since each box was supposed be an actor, as in the original description I tried to adapt to - not guilty ;p ); meaning each actor has an instance of `MoveComponentTo’ which, once fired, can live its own independent life detached from what the loop is doing.

If you’re not working with box actors:

Option 1:

• extend the Static Mesh Component:

You’ll end up with a static mesh component that can handle a mesh asset, but can also host script and variables. I can’t stress enough how convenient this can be at times, and how well it keeps things low profile.

Option 2:

Instead of trying to Move while the loop is looping, let the loop finish and add everything to a neat map as you do. When the loop has completed, fire a Timeline or Move Component To. But then you’ll need to handle data differently. Here’s an example:

Ignore the track being a vector, you’d use a 0-1 float as alpha. Another example:

Top bit prepares the data first, then a timeline moves multiple elements of an array.

There’s probably Option 3 & 4 out there that eludes me. Do tell how it goes. I’ll be around later this week.

1 Like