ARkit on Windows?

You can package a ARKit App on windows, but afaik when testing on a device, it crashes. Does it work on the device with the windows build ?

@HEGI does it build and launch to the iPad or just crash when you try to run it?

Yes, so far in 4.18 prev4, I can package and launch AR apps on apple devices without any mac involved.

So far I am able to package and launch AR apps without a mac on 4.18 prev4 as well. Iā€™m stuck on how to get the camera on the phone to activate the background. In previous versions there was an ā€œApple ARKit Camera Texture,ā€ but in prev4, it appears to be gone. How do I get the camera to project onto my skybox now?

Update: Nevermind. I figured it out from this post: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/708873/using-arkit-with-418-preview.html

Whatā€™s more to it, confirmed info regarding 4.18 API changes and sample project below:

Not having a device to test right now. But according to the posts above it seems to work fine now on windows. :slight_smile:

Anyone tried the release 4.18? Now is asking me to configure a remote macā€¦ :S

Same here. I was able to do this all without a mac in the preview, but I just updated to 4.18 and it is now asking for a xcode/mac to launch itā€¦

What I did, was to download the updated sample, then used an empty project file and open the project from there. Now I deleted everything related to android and now I am able to compile without mac. IT seems when android AR plugins are activated, for some reason UE asks to recompile, but if your project only uses arkit, its fine.

Ah, that worked for me. Thanks.
Iā€™m having an issue now where it seems like any FBX file that I bring in does not display work when launched to the device. Any engine content, like sphere, cube, cone, show up fine and can place those, but when I place another FBX asset in the scene and launch it, nothing appears on the launched device.

Can anyone tell me how to provision with only the free Apple account?

I donā€™t believe you can, I had to fork out the cash for an account but I was in a rush at the time and donā€™t know if it can be done for free. I doubt Apple knows what free is though so I doubt it.

Iā€™m getting these log messages in 4.18.0 and 4.17.2. with the two ARSample scenes Iā€™ve been able to download.

LogPlayLevel: Picking the default remote server
LogPlayLevel: ERROR: Remote compiling requires a server name. Use the editor (Project Settings, IOS) to set up your remote compilation settings.
LogPlayLevel: Doing xcode-select --print-path
LogPlayLevel: ERROR: Failed to start local process for action (ā€œCannot start process because a file name has not been provided.ā€): -o BatchMode=yes ${CURRENT_USER}@ ā€œcd ā€œ/ā€ && xcode-select --print-pathā€
LogPlayLevel: Took 1.181s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=5

Still looking for a remote server mac to compile.

Hi,

has someone managed to launch the AR-Sample on an iOS device from windows with the binary build ofUE4.18.1?

I am getting this error:
LogPlayLevel: ERROR: Stage Failed. Missing receipt ā€˜ARSample.targetā€™. Check that this target has been built.
PackagingResults: Error: Deployment failed! Missing UE4Game binary.
You may have to build the UE4 project with your IDE. Alternatively, build using UnrealBuildTool with the commandline:
UE4Game <Platform> <Configuration>

I am guessing itā€™s asking for xcode but I thought there is a way to launch it on windows without using the remote build option?

@Tyrus86 Nope sadly thereā€™s no way to compile xcode without a remote mac or virtual machine.

4.22 simple ar sample, does not export to ios, but any other template works fine