ARKit Camera feed low res and noisy

We have noticed that the ARKit camera feed is really low res and grainy compared with similar Unity AR Kit apps. I know the camera material is doing some image conversions but don’t see any way to improve the quality.

Is there any setting to adjust the quality of the camera feed image?

We did figure out that the post process was impacting the camera feed and that made the noise more obvious. But it was always there. Looking around it seems like it is a known issue with ARKit. It would be good to have a way to have the camera feed not impacted by post process via a stencil trick or such. We are not going to use post process for tone mapping and adjust it in lighting for now.

I ran into a similar issue with an ARkit app where the top left of the camera feed had glitchy / noisy artifacting that was particularly noticeable anytime there was fast movement in the frame. Through trial and error, I found that increasing MSAA to 4x fixed the issue. This was with UE 4.23.1 and IOS 12.

Is your issue related to this? Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-81611)

4x MSAA didn’t fix for me but my side it surprisingly gets better at 8x MSAA (LOL)

Probably this issue: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-90099) (Screen Tearing is fixed in 4.25, but Camera feed still garbage when MobileHDR off)

The workaround to enable Mobile HDR did work in previous versions, including preview versions of 4.25,
but not anymore in the release version 4.25.

AR Camera footage looks awful with Unreal Engine.
ARKit gets more and more broken and unusable like ARCore. No one at Epic seems to care.