I’d like to announce a mod a friend and I are working on:
ARK: Harmonic Convergence
The world is in turmoil as the four nations struggle for control of a newly discovered island rich in resources. Aggravated by the conflict, as well as the impending Harmonic Convergence, spirit sightings have been on the rise. Amid the struggles, the Avatar - master of the four elements - attempts to quell the spirits and maintain peace and harmony between the four nations.
Decide which banner you will fight for and claim the island for your nation!
If you couldn’t tell from the introduction, this mod is based off of Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra. The basic idea is to have four pre-defined tribes (or tribe alliances): Air Nomads, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Water Tribe. Each tribe has custom armor/weapons/flags, as well as the ability to “bend” the element they are named for.
The other main part of this mod, if possible in ARK, is the idea of capturable areas to claim land for your nation. The goal is to run this on a PvP server and somehow outline each nation’s boundaries and make it so that only the borders are PvP zones (the rest of the nation would work something like jslay’s PvP Safe Zones). We have a couple ideas in mind for this part:
- (Probably easier) Have pre-placed capture points scattered all over the map and let nations capture them using some game mechanic.
- (Probably more difficult, but more rewarding) Provide an expensive but craftable nation flag item that players can place within a certain range of their existing boundaries to claim more land.
- Basic bending moves for each of the four elements.
- Capture points that can be placed by admins and are capturable by each nation and provide specific buffs to the nation that captures it.
- Custom armor for each nation.
Long-term goals (if possible)
- Custom structures for each nation.
- Advanced elemental bending mechanics.
- Spirits that appear and attack when resources in an area are harvested too quickly.
- Sozin’s comet.
- Two boss spirits (think Raava and Vaatu from Legend of Korra) that appear if too many spirits spawn.
- An Avatar mechanic that picks random players to be the Avatar (can use all four elements) and changes players at the player’s death.
- Custom bending animations.
- Custom creatures like flying bison, trinoceros, ostrich horse (“bird horse thing” according to Sokka), etc… (We am aware this is unlikely due to the modeling involved.)
- Basic NPC guards to guard the borders of each nation.
Also, any Avatar references in this mod may be replaced with something generic, depending on if there could be any conflict with copyright law or anything like that.