ARK Dev Kit : F.A.Q, Documentation & Tutorials

Wait, so i spent 3 days off and on downloading the ARK dev kit through steam, and now i have to download the whole thing again with the Epic Games Launcher?

I wish I would have checked here first. The Dev Kit really should be taken off the Steam tools. This just put me over my bandwidth cap.

When you actually start the game and try to load the map. it Stops after Gamedata.BP and simply returns to the main menu without any error to work with.
Not sure how that works out, or where to go now to check what’s missing/wrong! For a starter, where are the log files for the client?

[Edit-Fixed]
Note to self… place the map under mods, not under maps -.- sigh sowwy <3

Merry christmas & Happy new year team wildcard :slight_smile:

REQUEST: Might I request a clothing link, and would Apex clothes be easily supportable? Also are the character FBX’s included to simplify reclothing via Skin Wrap modifiers? Or am I missing the point there?
I have searched around so any link would be appreciated

Many thanks for the excellent links so far :slight_smile:

I’ll be looking into my armours for my next project, but the meshes, animation and skeletons are all exportable from the DevKit - if that’s what you’re asking. They’re all FBX.

It’s believed that Wildcard is using Maya 2015 for their modelling and animation work, though from my experience with Mudbox and ZBrush(limited) it would make more sense if they were using Maya for static meshes and ZBrush/Mudbox for skeletal meshes with Maya for animation work.

Unless I missed the point of your post… I probably did, it’s 5.30 in the morning. Wouldn’t surprise me.

-WM

Hi, almost, Basically I am asking - Since I am not UE4 literate - how I ensure that the new clothes nicely skin with the male/female model when they are size deformed.
And if there is an optimal workflow for skinning - say via the 3D studio Max Skin Wrap modifers?

Pretty much I suppose the question is “How do I properly skin Clothes models for use with the default M/F characters please”.

Many thanks :slight_smile: And if this should be it’s own thread I am happy to have it split off to one - I just thought there would be an example link that would make a fine addition to this list.

Any idea where I can find a tutorial on how to add a various sized to a structure… ie. press E and you have sizes 1-10, 1 being the smallest and 10 the biggest? Im very very new to this, so thanks in advance

Hi,
I was very eger to know that how can i look up for the new updates in the ark dev kit…
I have installed unreal and downloaded 85 gb for it and also have made id and invited to the gittub ark group.
I am able to download the files of updated dev kit but am not unaware how to use it…like should i change/replace files in dev kit and then import and run or use some other feature…plz reply
THX
GSR

Well hello there SniperXGSR.

It sounds like you should REALLY start with any of the beginner tutorials first. Like mine or any of the others out there. I can only speak for mine when I say, it walks you through step by step holding your hand with pictures and diagrams on how to setup, create, cook and eventually upload your first mod. Since I posted it only in the Steam area, it doesn’t show here - sorry about that.

It can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=556109506

There are so many fellow developers in here that love to help. So I hope you find us helpful!

where can i find written step by step tutorials? i am deaf.

Unfortunately practically everything is a video tutorial (I’m not deaf,but I find them irritating as hell, and awkward to follow). You may however be able to get assistance in the Arkmodding Discord modding group (should be able to find a link here somewhere): https://arkmodding.net/