ARK: Dev Kit Documentation

Hey ARK Creators!

We have made quite a few changes to the way the stock engine works so we want to provide some of our internal documentation to answer some questions and spark new ones! This is a work-in-progress, so if you have any pressing questions or would like to see any topics covered don’t hesitate to let us know.

https://sites.google.com/a/.com/ark-dev-kit-documentation

Next Up: Lighting!

• Creating Master IBLs
  • Interior Lighting

Jesse

Well. I just created a new Folder in Mods. Then i modified the original Blueprint’/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_Silicon.PrimalItemResource_Silicon’. Then i tried to cook that newly created folder as a Total Conversion. It did not even show up in my Cook/upload Mod to steam. And after a reboot the folder even disappears.
Could you PLEASE make a small guide on how to make a Total Conversion from the scratch with like 1 modded original file? This would be totally awesome. There is no single working Total Conversion mod online except SOTF. Please we need this guide realy hard!
Maybe you intended that you can cook without choosing a mod folder. This is not possible.

Thanks, Its good to have proper documentation coming for the modding community. We greatly appreciate it !

much appreciated but can we finally find out how to check if its the owner investigating the obj pretty plz

AWESOME addition!!!

Thanks for adding this guys!

[]
Well. I just created a new Folder in Mods. Then i modified the original Blueprint’/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_Silicon.PrimalItemResource_Silicon’. Then i tried to cook that newly created folder as a Total Conversion. It did not even show up in my Cook/upload Mod to steam. And after a reboot the folder even disappears.
Could you PLEASE make a small guide on how to make a Total Conversion from the scratch with like 1 modded original file? This would be totally awesome. There is no single working Total Conversion mod online except SOTF. Please we need this guide realy hard!
Maybe you intended that you can cook without choosing a mod folder. This is not possible.
[/QUOTE]

You don’t need to create any new folders for a Total Conversion. Just start modifying files directly, SAVE them, and then Cook Total Conversion. That’s all :slight_smile:

You can’t cook anything without selecting a folder in the cooking window.

i have been asking this same thing for weeks “HOW DO WE GET THE OWNER OF AN OBJ” uno if its the owner then let in if not then idk blowup (not being a **** just asking)

i also have a request post if u would kindly take a look Function Requests/Bp Eg - ARK: Survival Evolved - Epic Developer Community Forums

“can u plz stop” spamming EVERY thread with a link-back to your own/ I’m sure they have seen it by now, thanks

A: im not spamming its related
B: have a nice day
C: im trying to help ppl its not just me
D: i dont think they have seen it or they would reply
E: ino my rights on the forum
F: no i will post it everywhere its related to try to compile stuff so ppl dont search everywhere
G: what difference does it make i got told to put it where its related and needed not just anywhere and i did
H: if u have a problem with me helping ppl idc what u think

A: It is spamming when it’s every thread, related or not
B: Always do
C: You are going about it the entirely wrong way then
D: I’m sure they have and just don’t have an answer yet
E: You have no rights on a forum, except those given by the admins/mods.
F: Then you will cause it to not be addressed
G: See A and D
H: And that attitude will get you nowhere in any community

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Hey gankey69, I think I know how. I used, I believe, the method you are asking for in my teleport arrow mod. I use the method get owner controller on the arrow obj, then on the return I set it to the next method which is get controlled pawn, which should give you the player who owns the obj. I used this because at first my arrows were teleporting the admin to the players but now it teleports the owner of the arrow, so it should work for getting the owner of an obj. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

have u got a graph handy been asked by alot of people?

Here is a pic,

thanks heaps ill put it in the post :slight_smile:

No problem :wink:

With a TC do we still make a mods folder and put new structures ect into there?

im also trying to figure this out the docs are here :slight_smile: ARK Dev Kit v200.5 (Fixed Sotf!!): 'Survival of the Fittest' download, Total Conversions, Mods, Maps - ARK: Survival Evolved - Unreal Engine Forums

This seems odd everything but mods folder gets cooked from the looks of it gonna try make a new folder under root folder and see if it will cook then.