Ark Dev Kit Broken

I’m sure this is not for everyone, however I am unable to install the dev kit. I did a manual update and it would not start.

So I uninstalled and attempted to reinstall through the Unreal Launcher. It will download and get close to full install, and then if goes to verifying. It will verify 3-5 times and eventually say there was an error and it was unable to install. This whole process can take upwards of 2 hrs to run through.

I have tried multiple times, and tried deleting everything I can find involved. I even went as far as uninstalling and reinstalling the Unreal Launcher. I mod for a specific server and really need to get this up and working asap.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Finally installing and updating. Not sure what changed.

I was in the middle of making a mod, then everything stopped working then had an update,so I updated…Now it just crashes… cant do anything…

Sigh, no ,modding for me today…

Dev Kit 231.2 is bugged, broken, glitched, it keeps freezing.

:mad:

EDIT:
I just verify the files with the Epic Game Launcher and then made a copy of PrimalGameData, the Dev Kit was like freezing again so I left it alone for like 40 minutes and it was working after I came back.

So let it run for a WHILE first.

Nah I did and still freezes its been like this for hours…

Updated my mod with the new Dev Kit and now I’m getting this:

7e87f696183f0becd4bb5deb872f90b61597bee2.jpeg

My mod changes spawners no maps, what is this?

Hey guys, i suspect the devkit on the epic launcher might still have the buggy binaries. There seemed to be an issue with them. I think Drake mentioned in another post that the epic launcher will be updated with the fixed files later. In the meanwhile you can get the fixed binaries from github here(i think you still need to register a github account and link it with your unreal account to get access to the site): https://github.com/StudioWildcard1/Ark-Dev-Kit
Just download as Zip and unpack in your devkit folder.

Your error is probably one of your own making, probably unbeknownst to you too. “Trying to call UOBject:BeginDestroy from outside of UOBJect:ConditionalBeginDestroy on object None. Please fix up the calling code.”

Your mod was cooked with a reference to a file outside of the mod directory. This will always crash servers and clients if this occurs. The most common cause is the GameMode was not changed before cooking.

-WM

“Hey guys, i suspect the devkit on the epic launcher might still have the buggy binaries. There seemed to be an issue with them. I think Drake mentioned in another post that the epic launcher will be updated with the fixed files later. In the meanwhile you can get the fixed binaries from github here(i think you still need to register a github account and link it with your unreal account to get access to the site): https://github.com/StudioWildcard1/Ark-Dev-Kit
Just download as Zip and unpack in your devkit folder.”

Did this work for anyone else ? It did not work for me still the same issue. The moment I copy Primal Data from Generic to a new folder Dev kit Locks down.

Every time I even try to open my mod map, it automatically starts “Building Textures” of every single thing in the game. It’s getting annoying…

Not the case.
More like the new binaries in the Launcher are bugged, dino variants modify an existing dino and all the files that form the dino like mesh, textures, and so on are outside the mod folder, I don’t need to move every single file that forms a dino into my mod folder, do I?

Maybe I will try to remake the mod from scratch because the references is what it it seems to be broken.
:confused:

I had nearly ALL these same issues listed … haha
I ended up having to remake everything because it literally broke all my maps and blueprints … well … it broke everything …
Deleted 100% of my devkit files so that i can fresh install and start over (i had to start over anyways, since, it was all broken now)

This is the process that lead to breaking everything:

Install everything as instructed a few weeks ago
Everything works (for the most part) and all my stuff loads quickly
See there is an update
Download both parts for the update (github and that google docs RAR)
unpack it all as per instructions
load program > everything broken
load “TheIsland_Small” > like 300 errors and broken objects

oh, add in that suddenly it wont recognize ANY of my maps primary map files (example: sees all the parts of “TheIsland” but wont let me open “TheIsland” primary umap file after validating and “fixing” the issues via steam)

Whats done is done, re-downloading the entire thing via the Unreal Launcher and Steam … now i shake my first at the slow download speeds im getting … lulz.

Ya, it’s got to be a launcher bug somewhere. MY error simply shows a load error logs for certain in game primal assets that I never have touched, ever, but otherwise it still works for making my mod and testing in the editor. Didn’t start behaving this way until last patch. Thank goodness it kinda works and at least lets me keep working on my mod.

Not unless you’re trying to do certain specific things, no, but the error that was shown clearly defines what was/is happening when it crashes. The key terms there are “outside” and accessing "none, signifying that something outside of the mod was attempted to be accessed but the server could not find any reference anywhere to it. I said it was most commonly caused by people forgetting to switch out the GameMode, I’ve done it numerous times myself, not that’s what was the cause. You may have gotten the content or binaries before they were fixed, they were fixed pretty soon after they were uploaded, or rather as soon as they were able.

Both the first binary and content updates that were released for manual update, specifically with level files, broke, yes. However, they were both fixed shortly after the issues were noticed and they found the cause of them. And they are the files available through the launcher.

Any performance issues, as per Drake’s post in the thread, were due to the Data Cache being mostly discarded due to the new year. This is initially a process that, if not included with the Kit for install, will take hours to rebuild from scratch. Drake also stated that they were releasing an update to the launcher that had the pre-built data cache so people didn’t have to wait the hour-ish - or however long - it would take to rebuild the missing part of the cache.

I only ever manually update, and I used the fixed updates for both, which are the files on the launcher, and I’ve experienced no issues.

-WM

any one having the issue of make a few changes save complie and everything works fine in dev kit cook the mod and with a fresh dowload of moded files there is no chages made

So im just now running into this issue, I originally had made a child of the generic mod game mode and game data classes to make my mod but was experiencing issues with it not working as a standalone mod so I tried reparenting both classes to the core data version. Now when i try to run the game with this updte in I crash every time, but others are saying it fixed the previous issue. I dont get it :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Fixed the issue, turns out when I had “fixed” the parenting I had somehow not linked the gamemode into the gamedata class.

Yep, when you dont change the DefaultGameMode on the PrimalGameData, and your mod is on TOP priority, it will crash, so yeah.

Just dont forget to change the DefaultGameMode and its all good.