Are YOU a AssMod?

No.

You got the main concern on your business model, the look of it doesn’t resonate with the words you describing it. Your site reminds me Rama’s site, but his one is not made to represent him, you go there because you need something and you know he got it.

We truly appreciate the amazing feedback. This is the first iteration of the website, exposed to the Unreal Community exclusively. We’re currently implementing changes with your recommendations at the core.

Same here. Catchy click bait posts get me everytime.

Website is looking much better today with the formatting tweaks. Your store graphic in the top blue bar is cut off on the left side now, but overall things are looking much better. Its easy to read and the horizontal scroll is gone. One nitpick is that the Unreal Engine button is bigger than the other 4 in that section.

will this be trademarked like the many other names you have devised since this forum existed…my personal favourite was the acronym F.L.A.N.C.E for your weapons system it made me think of the words flaccid lance…the one idea you had that i thought had potential was that golem system which was something you actually made, i dont know whether you tried to submit it or not seems like you moved onto another idea and just left it…that would be my two cents worth to try to finish the golem character generator as a usable product thats something people might actually want…people probably dont want another middleman site trying to make money off creators

Hello, LOL @ flaccid lance.

You are a inspiration for me as a Game Developer with your unbreakable focus and discipline to develop and publish games like Zombie Ultra & Cube Crawler. I value your input. Over the past 2 years, I’ve been on a mission to develop several in-game procedural generation and construction applications towards Dragon’$ Gold, while in the process of learning the development suite.

Developing these in-game Construction Systems for the Marketplace has always been part of my agenda to generate revenue, funding my game dev. They’re not just BP modules, they are Embed-able Blueprints-based Applications.

Collage Construction (GOLEMCraft) is my greatest invention in UE4 and I could not abandon it. With that said, GOLEMCraft V2.0 is actively in development (under a new potential brandname) and I’m recruiting for capable game devs willing to experiment in it’s development.

I’m a Game Asset Store Customer. I’ve made significant investment in the Unreal Marketplace. If you’re a Game Dev like me, you desire your store-bought game assets to appear unique and to provide your Players customization options for Characters, Weapons, Vehicles, etc with store-bought assets. A solution: readily customizable assets.

This is the challenge with using assets distributed to the masses. Many of us purchase Assets with intent to modify in some fashion to make them appear unique to our game. In most cases, this is inefficient and negates the purchase in the first place. You’re back to square one, if you lack the talent to model/code etc.

I’ve been encouraging Content Providers to author readily customizable assets and furnish supplemental packs to further customize their content. However, Asset Stores do not support dependencies. Thus, I was inspired to build a Asset Store that caters and supports Community-Driven Asset Modding. Believe it or not Content Providers want to publish their products in more online stores to increase their exposure and distribution footprint.

For the record. F.L.A.N.C.E was the abbreviation for Fire Lance:cool:

Better Not.

Component-Based 3D Entities … and why YOU should be authoring them

If you’re taking time to read this, I’m going to let you in on the future of game development and those Game Devs who seize this opportunity now, will be the success stories of tomorrow. Its in regards to 3D Game Entities and the traditional methods to author them.

I predict that Component-Based Assembly for 3D Entities will become the predominant method of Entity creation for indie game devs in 2 to 3 years sparked by a Community-Driven Asset Modding. In a nutshell, the concept of Component-based 3d Entities is connecting/attaching smaller interchangeable 3D ‘parts’ to construct large full-bodied entities. An example of this, can be often seen in games with Character Creation, Weapon Crafting, Car Customization.

The advantage of adopting this methodology is that it will allow Game Devs to pre-fabricate large assortment of entities from a selection of parts. Commercial Developers like Bungie already employ this methodology for their titles, but soon the Asset Modding Revolution will bring it to the masses and apply it to every type of 3D Entity imaginable. Are YOU a AssMod?

I can’t help out but good luck!

I think I’m just a regular a*s. Sorry.

No problem. That what Assmodding is all about. Just swap a few bad parts and PRESTO! New configuration. New YOU.