Are we getting a female default character?

OP’s question was perfectly valid… that was a pretty over reactive response people. Blue Guy is I’m sure based on a male character. For most games and most people that’s not a problem. Of course there is the occasional Sarkeesian fan who would call that detrimental to the credibility of the game industry and take offence from it but that’s their prerogative… just ignore the strange ones and don’t let it ruin your day :slight_smile:

However, I think there probably should be a female placeholder character. Not for any Politically-Correct reasons, but because it would serve as a great placeholder for games with female characters. I think we can all agree on that. Unfortunately all the animations you can buy are also based on Male characters, so any illusion of gender might be destroyed by that anyway. Still, I think it’s worth it.

In the meantime though, I too have the Prototype Characters pack. Worth every penny… Big step up from Blue Guy :wink:

Anyway, let’s get back to the topic at hand and steer away from political BS please. Nothing will get solved here.

You know of a tutorial for how to implement the prototypes into the game?

Also can we please not make this place as bad as twitter and etc? I can’t even go on there because of the arguing back and forth. Female move sets would be dope imo as I have an important character in my game who is female. but lets not make this forum a political mud slinging lol

It’s fairly easy you just have to retarget the animations (Like the ones from the animation starter pack) after that just set up the prototype mesh in your character class (c++ or blueprint) and use the retargeted animations or animation_blueprint. I have some images on my google drive about a step to step how to retarget animations if you want I can post them here.

please I would really really appreciate it

If you want a video tutorial, here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GgVUKcGvAY

wow seriously thank you very much

Hey Uprentiss just for the future, could you try to avoid quoting messages so large / full of images like those? It just doubles the posts up and makes it hard to scroll/read through :slight_smile: Thanks!

@Uprentiss You’re welcome :slight_smile:

@ Others
I’ve noticed also that my post is way to long. I apologize for that. If someone knows a free service where I could upload those images and just post a link let me know and I’ll edit my post.

naw man , gon quote everything

just playing of course, my apoligies . didn’t think bout it when I quoted lol

Hello,

We do have plans to replace the default character with better models for various reasons. The current plan is to create a pair of models; one male, one female. They would have slightly altered animations as well as more defined stylizing. There are two things this replacement will help with:

1. The new models will be styled in a way to to make everything look more homogeneous to “Unreal Style” (Sleek surfaces with sharp edges and minimalist influences)

2. The “Blue Guy” was not optimized for mobile at all.

No ETA on this, it’s just the plan.

that sounds like a nice upgrade on the current model, cant wait:)

Q: will the new models be scaled to be more like the sizes of average humans instead of being very tall?

That’s perfect news, . Thanks. :slight_smile:

Great news, thanks for the update .

As a goodbye to Blue Man, and when the time comes, can you put him in the Kite demo and give him a few moments of life before he becomes a forgotten mesh.

Awh man, there has to be a good send-off for Blue-Guy… I’m gonna do a tribute.

Modarators having a barney rubble thats funny. :slight_smile:

Well, now at least they have their 4th man back… :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE-NLS47YMU