Are the 4.8 templates broken?

Hi,

I just downloaded 4.8 from GitHub and compiled it.
The build works fine.
But when I create a project based on the templates, say the FPS template, it load with the following errors:

The FirtPersonAnim Bluprint or something seems to be brokenā€¦ Or am I doing something wrong? :confused:

Hi,

Do the animation files exist ? The should be in something like *YourProject/Content/FirstPersonBP/Animations *
Do the source animation files exist ? They would be in something along the lines of Templates/TP_FirstPersonBP/Content/FirstPersonBP/Animations

Im also curious about the UE_Mannequn folder. How did you create this as the only folders that I would normally expect to see there are:
Animations, Audio, Blueprints,Character,Maps,Meshes, Textures

Yes, they exist:

But it shows a compiler error. (I didnt fiddle with itā€¦)
7e59b3ef9112a985f76fab4d396d6fc1b194dbe8.jpeg

I guess this is not supposed to look like that??!
9fb4bee535f61399c012651379c23a88844f2d8e.jpeg

Here seems to be the boggleā€¦
ad27a4173cee4ea120429cf41b63392d8af9ad01.jpeg

I didnt make any changes but just created a project based on the BP FPS templateā€¦

They just came with the example template. I guess the blue guy is being sent to the retirement home for elderly assetsā€¦

hey Kvogler we are in the process of updating our Templates, they should be fixed in todays build.

Oh no the blue man is gone, now is a robot (male) with kyphosis spine and tiny neck xD

Maybe they were facing trademark infringement with the BlueManGroupā€¦ :wink:
The legal twitch was very interesting https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?68288-Setting-Yourself-Up-For-Success-The-Business-amp-Legal-Side-of-Game-Development-Apr-30-2PM-ET

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile: