Are object fades with Matinee not possible?

Hi,
I want to fade an object with Matinee. But this easy thing seems not be possible. I cannot believe it.The Visibility Track switches the visibility only on and off without any fading. Do I something wrong or is this really not possible?

Best regards, Andreas

1.Create a material
2.Use an Scalar Parameter for controlling Opacity (hold S and Click). name it “Andre_Opacity”
3.Create a material instance from previous material and assign it to your object (Optional)
4.select your object and create an empty group in matinee
5.right click your group and add a “New float Material Parameter Track”
6.in the “param name” field type “Andre_Opacity”
7.Add your material instance as “Target Material”
8.Create two Key frames . right click first key and set its Value to 0 “no opacity” and the Other key to 1 “full Opacity”

and you have your object fading . :wink:

Hi,
thank you for this solution. :slight_smile: Anyhow, it would be much easier when Epic would integrate a transparency effect into the Matinee Editor. I hope they will do this in the next updates.

Best regards, Andreas

yeah I think it must be easier. but don’t worry you will get use to it faster than you think ;).

Hi Karion,
it would be fantastic if this feature will be integrated in the Matinee editor. :slight_smile: When you create animations with the Unreal Engine 4 you need the transparency effect very often for fading objects in and out.

Best regards, Andreas

Hi Karion,
are there any news about the possibility to animate the transparency (smooth fade) in the Matinee Editor? In the current Unreal Engine 4.8 I am still missing this feature.

Best regards, Andreas