ArchViz / Lighting

A little preview of the next scene :slight_smile:

http://tof.canardpc.com/preview2/0f6c605e-64de-4586-8839-fab29c9d79a9.jpg

Picks jaw up from floor

That matinee walk through was amazing!

Now, yer just showin’ off.

Tree’s bark looks flat. Do you have a Normal map?
Otherwise, wow… fantastic job! It’s crazy!!

wow, Beautiful work!

Incredible artwork!!!
Can you give us some breakdown of your materials? How do you approach such a scene? How do you set-up the lighting? IAM CURIOUS!!! :wink:

Thanks again.

I do nothing complicated, like I said, I don’t like modeling and uv(ing?) so all is pretty simple :slight_smile:

I don’t explain what I do very well so I hope image answers your questions :

http://tof.canardpc.com/preview2/8f9db27a-068f-4d8c-b44c-db8d32698f22.jpg

No words…jaw officially dropped

Stumbled over your Video and instantly getting hooked on UE4 again :slight_smile: Great work, keep it up! Also looking forward to a downloadable Demo of your Classroom Flythrough :wink:

Very nice work ! I really like the lighting. :slight_smile:
I would have never thought about using white plane to boost the lighting with nice GI, that’s clever.

is really amazing! :slight_smile: Is there any way to achieve result keeping the quads outside of the window invisible? (in an interactive 1st person visit they would be visible outside of the window in your case, isn’t it?)
What kind of strength did you use for the sun and for the spotlights?
Did you also tweak indirect lighting quality from the world settings or the indirect lighting contribution intensity for your lights?
Sorry… many questions, but your work is really inspiring for us all :slight_smile:

…and one more question: why didn’t you just pointed the spots toward the window? are you getting softer shadows way?

You can hide the quad in game with the “Actor Hidden In Game” option in the Rendering tab of the object.
I use a intensity of 6 for the sun and 16 for the spots, depends of your auto exposure. For exemple I used 1.0 for Min and Brightness (so no auto exposure) and 0.5 for exposure bias.
No tweak on the lights.
In the world settings I just set the number of bounces to 100 () and slighty decrease the indirect lighting smoothness (0.8).
I have not even try with a spot directly at the window, with some tweaks maybe it works … the reflector thing seemed logical to me :smiley:

Reflector mesh works and it is a good idea actually. Back in UDK emissive materials worked with lightmass as light sources so you could use a plane with emissive material on it to do what you are doing without using any lights. Now it requires a bit more work to place additional lights but the result is well worth it as you’ve been proving. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing the INI settings, btw!

Thank you for sharing your settings :slight_smile: looking forward to see more of your works!!

Update: I tweeted the Video with the link to thread and Rein (VP of Epic Games) and the Official UE Twitter Account already retweeted it :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t wonder if you get featured in the next twitch broadcast… :wink:

Huuuuu, nice, thank you … that’s too much :slight_smile:

Here’s a new quick video with some speedtree, hope you like it.

Edit : and a screenshot :slight_smile:
http://tof.canardpc.com/preview2/6e87af26-994d-44b2-b52c-c7625321870c.jpg

Oh yes… So you are the man for a “The Third and the Seventh” Remake in UE4… :wink: Love your output and will look forward to some more in depth breakdowns/tipps. Thinking about getting my hands on UE4, too…

, that looks really cool !
Can you share the setup of last scene with trees - material of trees and lighting ? I am working now on trees crowded scene and have some problems with lighting there
Thanks

Great work ! Really reminds me the style of “The Third and the Seventh”