Archviz animation with UE4

Hey thank you for the reply.

I wonder, in this scenario which takes precedence, the hard-coded values in the baseLighting.ini or the manual settings set here in the lightmass settings. Either way, the look is great for such a simple setup, which is how it should be no? :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

I think the baselighting.ini is not exactly the same as the lightmass settings so I think they complete eachother. For this to be sure we should have someone from the unreal team to respond.

I’m really impressed with the results you and Koola have been getting with these scenes. This would have been high end pre-render a couple of years ago. Great work, and thanks for sharing your settings with us.

hey man can you share an image of the floor materials nodes?? i really would like to see the settings thanks

Thanks Ajuk for the nice comments, the things have really changed with this new aproach. no need of a big renderfarm anymore.

@moscoso: this must be the simplest material of the whole scene :smiley:
cde568416c27b9c32c27bed2c08bdf22466c0bc5.jpeg

woow haha so the water like effect and reflection of the floor at 0:31 you can have it only with a roughness map through a lerp? im really new with materials.

You don’t have to use a Lerp, it’s just a node that lt you change the min and max values of an image. You can achieve this effect just by using a roughness map alone. Here I was lazy so I didn’t take the time to make a proper roughness map.

the model itself

I’m after best UE4 examples, especially the raw scenes (geometry + textures). Would love to try to challenge the results with different engine(s). Willing to discuss a possibility to license the data for that type of testing? Skype: tomaswesterholm

@dbalex am I right in assuming that you crank your overall lighting up immensly through PostProcessing ? Seeing that you have only one light at intensity 1.0 to light that entire scene ?
If I do that in my scene the directional light is VERY weak , scene almost looks like night with only a little bit of moonlight shining through.
Nonetheless your scene seems so well lit.

I don’t really know exactly anymore, I don’t have the scene on this computer. I think my scene was not that dark initially but yes I adjusted with a postprocessing volume. You should play with postpro volume that’s where all my settings are affecting my scene for correct exposure and style.