Architectural Viz / Environment Artist / Generalist for VR
Varnish is a post-production studio in Los Angeles specializing in design-driven visual effects for film, television and commercial projects. We have worked with some of most innovative brands and storytellers in the industry to help bring their visions to life. Some of our clients include: Nike, Levis, Sony, Macy’s, UGG and Annapurna Pictures.
We are currently expanding our services into the realm of real-time, game engine based virtual reality experiences. We are looking for talented 3D artists with experience in designing environments for Unreal 4. Ideally, we are looking for someone who excels in the areas of modelling, texturing and lighting for high-detail assets. Our work will have a focus on photorealism, so mastery of the particulars of Unreal 4’s shading and lighting system is a must. Some intermediate knowledge of blueprint scripting is required.
Applicants must be comfortable working with a small but friendly team of artists. Currently we are looking for someone who can work on a project-by-project basis, but this could lead to a full or part-time position in the future. Must be local to Los Angeles, CA.
- Model static environments within Maya or Max from existing concept art or architectural plans.
- Design and model high-detail props and assets.
- Design and create photorealistic textures and materials.
- Assemble environments within Unreal 4.
- Design photorealistic lighting within Unreal 4.
- Develop some basic UI functionality with Blueprint.
- Work directly with us to turn around revisions and creative changes in a timely manner.
- 4 years experience as a working 3D artist.
- 1-2 years experience designing for Unreal or Unity.
- Expertise in lighting for Unreal 4
- Proficiency in Maya or Max.
- Skilled at creating high-detail props with photorealistic textures and materials.
- Proficiency in blueprint for Unreal 4.
- Experience with architectural visualization is a plus.
- Experience with VR is a major plus!
Please apply with your résumé and a link to your reel or portfolio of work to email@example.com