Architectural Visualization - Project Help

Hello, I am a South African visualization Artist who generally work on Still and Animated renders of Architectural scenes using 3ds MAX and Mental Ray. I started working with Unreal Engine 4 on my first ‘interactive architectural walk-through’ the moment I received the newsletter email that the new subscription plan is available.

I have tried in the past to create an ‘interactive architectural walk-through’ with UDK, of which the lightmap creation process took too long and did not have the desired results for a quick turn around, and in the Cryengine Free SDK, which has the most un-intuitive Asset Pipeline ever. However, Unreal Engine 4 seems ti be the best solution for my needs and has an very easy to understand Asset Pipeline, and most systems in place in the software makes logical sense.

Now, I am almost finished with visual part of my level for my first project and am getting ready to package my project for a client.

Here are some information about My Project:

Engine: Unreal Engine 4.2
Project Template: Blueprint FPS template ( Which I have already edited the character section of to fit my architectural needs)
Lighting/Rendering: I dabbled the pre-computed lighting and am using the work in progress Dynamic GI and LPV system which gives me the best turnaround-time for the best quality.
Material: I have 3 Master materials I am using, opaque, masked, and translucent, instances of for all of my materials Instances.

Here is what I need Help with:

1 - I want to set a resolution of 1280 x 720 for my packaged project, How do I go about doing this without using code?

2 - I need a basic Blueprint Menu with six buttons, Resume, Quite, and Low, Med, High Ultra, Graphic Settings. ( I will be happy with only a Resume and Quite button like the HUD example if I can bind different graphic settings to the 1,2,3, and 4 buttons on the keyboard.)

3 - I have migrated the HUD example blueprint to my project, but how do I actually implement this in a working manner?

4 - If I package my project on the low settings, what will the min windows PC requirements be to run the project at at-least 25 frames per second?

5 - Is there an Easy way to create an installer that I can give to clients that will copy the ‘Game’ to their PC, Place a shortcut on their Desktop and install the required Visual Studio 2013 Redistribution stuff for them?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.
When this project is done I will add I download link to it in the appropriate forum thread.
I also hope this will help any other Architectural Visualization Artists Aspiring to use Unreal Engine 4 in their respective Projects.

Hello Everybody.

I am new to UE4 and would really appreciate your help on completing this project?

And if implementing some of the things above is covered in some of the documentation I would appreciate it if somebody could point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

First, Have you seen the answerhub? I know some of these topics have appeared there from time to time.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/spaces/22/blueprint-scripting.html

1. Not sure, but I have seen this on the answerhub.

2. Search Slate UI for buttons. There are also some 3rd party solutions and Epic is also working on an upgrade to slate but you probably don’t need much more than slate for your needs.

For the graphics settings, look into LoD’s to set multiple qualities for each of your materials/assets.

1. I believe the Answerhub, documentation, and youtube have all the answers you seek.

2. It really depends. You could make requirements very low by using very low poly meshes, textures, etc. Post a picture of your minimum acceptable graphic standard.

3. Search regarding packaging UE4. From what I understand it isn’t very complicated.

Thanks Zeustiak I have already found some of the info on the AnswerHub.

Here is some of the screenshots to show the quality I want as a minimum graphic requirement. (This is using LPV for the lighting and I still need to sort out the shadow cascade settings and the exposure on the PostPros.)

These screenshots are in the editor with all of quick settings set to low, except for shadows, that is set to Epic. I get 75fps seconds on this with my PC(AMD Phenomx2 6 core black edition with a geforce GTX 650ti, If I can achieve 25fps to 30fps per seconds as a minimum for my clients I will be happy.

71283834b29fa144967feaa4b242cdd2d2ddc69b.jpeg