Architectural advice

Ah, well, I guess it’s not really possible then. You could always make a material instance instead of a duplicate for each mesh you want to modify. It would be less ressource hungry, but still isn’t ideal!

Nice decent renderings… I believe you will do it inside UE4

Moreover; with UE4 it is easy to get very High resolution still images (depending on installed card) which are almost impossible with v_ray :slight_smile:

Can you please tell where to see some Images of your UE4 production…!!? that would take me out of disappointment :frowning:

here is a Screenshot for my first WIP Interior Scene I’m working on… Well; still there is some hope to reach V_ray photo-realism :slight_smile:

quite good for your 1st unreal project actually. The kind of materials and lighting you need to do is going to help you.

For high res screenshot don’t put your hopes too high, the current system does not work with temporal AA :frowning:
You can try it with FXAA but it’s not that great imo. You can upscale your screenpercentage to very high but in the end the best screen grab is going to be from print screen and it’s going to be limited to your monitor resolution.

here is a Screenshot for my first WIP Interior Scene I’m working on… Well; still there is some hope to reach V_ray photo-realism :slight_smile:

[/QUOTE]

thank you
this screenshot represent most of my work , keep the hard work and please share your last results
any other ideas for the ceiling hidden lights , they look so external

Can you please tell where to see some Images of your UE4 production…!!? that would take me out of disappointment :frowning:

Still has some bugs and kinks to work out as I’m still learning too - watch in HD:

Looks nice and clean ! Looks like you finally managed to do your lightmapping correctly :slight_smile:

I decide to give another try to the Salk Institute from Evermotion training vol.1.
Spent 5 hours detaching objects to have a reasonable amount of geometry per lightmap. Unwrapping everything took 5 mins. I have 1900-2000 static meshes in unreal right now lol. Changing lightmaps resolution per mesh is gonna be fun (not).

Check it out , w.i.p and that’s with lightmaps of 128 for each of the 1900-2000 meshes (for testing)
http://littlstar.com/photos/aa43772c
You can see lighting artifact and materials are just a plain texture on this preview.

Thanks Heartless and thanks for unwrapping the couch! I have a confession to make. :stuck_out_tongue: I just found good models that were uv’d already and imported then let Unreal generate the lightmap! LOL Seemed to work for the most part.

The OP’s scene is looking good! For your recessed ceiling lights you could try and make a piece of geometry that is about 6 inches wide and floats inside the coffered ceiling, make it emissive and hide in game. Make sure the emissive lights your coffers.

Thanks for support… In fact LIGHTING is my big problem.
About screenshots… I’m sorry if I can’t understand you; BUT
For Hi res I used to use the (High Resolution Screenshot tool), with my old [GTX 580] card I was successfully reach the 6 Multiplier which gave me a screenshot with (11082 x 6234) (png 112 MB)

cc3d2f677cdcaa08ad3eee53fe04787a2dd2d042.jpeg

About ceiling hidden lights… They are meshes with Emissive materials, and look so bad because they are visible in the Editor, but in Game Mode they are hidden; any way; Thanks to ** ** who pushed an advice to use point lights with adjusted source length and radius to look like a neon :slight_smile:
As a first try they look better now even in Editor

Nice work… Good luck :slight_smile:

I just wanted to say that if your scene use temporal Anti aliasing in project settings and in post process volume, high res shot don’t take AA onto account when it take your screenshot. :frowning:
So for huge screenshots I think it will look better if you switch to FX antialiasing (FXAA) instead.

You can also play with the screen percentage (its supersampling) and can improve the render quality quite a lot!!!

bc21767e842d52bb562a4e2f5f618bb72dc0f77a.jpeg

Hiii
I have a question, how come you have architectural elements in UE4? Is UE4arch some sort of plugin ?
Thank you

Unreal engine is not a modelling software. All 3d objects have to be imported from a modelling software like 3ds max, blender, sketchup, etc…

UE4Arch is a company that create architectural visualisation with the same tools as everybody else!

Oh thank you SO MUCH for you answer, is it possible to import from revit ? so I have to model my work in other softwares as usual and just use unreal for the rendering?
And one other question, does unreal increase the quality of materials? because i use revit for modeling but i guess 3dmax has a better quality for materials, do have any tips?

All materials are going to be made in Unreal from (almost) scratch. It will only import the standard diffuse texture from 3ds max or other 3d softwares.

I never tried a Revit model but if you can export it in .fbx it ‘‘could’’ work but that’s if you can make decent uvmapping/unwrapping in Revit. Not sure if it’s possible. If not, you can export in Max, add/edit what you need and then export to unreal.

Thank you. I will try that

Here is the last result [a panoramic view (360°)] I had reached working on the first interior inside UE4, hope you like it… :slight_smile:

@ammarshow
Final Images album HERE

You did a very good job with this scene!

I hope so… but it was painful to represent V-ray renders… though; the result was a kind of pain relief… :slight_smile:

@ammarshow
I forgot to tell you that I had created a virtual Tour (Panoramic view 360° , all directions) for the same project, it can be viewed on mobile phones (Android), iPad, and PC… here is YOUTUBEvideo showing how it viewed on iPad…
So, in case you like it, I can help you to create a virtual Tour for the Hotel project you are working on, and [for future projects] as well…
This procedure is suitable for ungenerous clients… and 3ds Max+ Vray would be quite enough to create Rendered shots for a Virtual Tour, of course this means there would be need for Unreal Engine… :slight_smile:

Best wishes

good job
but u could do that in vray
why learning new software man