4 IN 1 Modular Research Facility / Mega Bundle
Halloween Pumpkins / 150+ variations
Zombie Movement and Modular Interaction Animations
Cobweb Pack
Spider
Skeleton Warrior
250r Motocross Dirt bike
Bolt Cutter Low-poly 3D model

The hogan (log house), paper bag lanterns, string lights and warning signage were all custom assets by me.

Everything else sourced from Quixel Megascans, particularly the Utah collection.

Audio:
Horror Suspense Survival Music Pack

Editor Screenshots

Description

I wanted to create a horror scene in a location close to home, so I went with the desert and canyon landscapes of the Navajo reservation in the American Southwest where I grew up. All of the signage in the level is authentic and often has both Spanish and Navajo translations present.

While researching desert based horror, I encountered the 1954 science fiction monster movie Them! which features giant radioactive ants and decided to try a similar concept. I considered several monster creatures such as snakes and ants, but went with spiders since their cobwebs have a lot of potential for environmental storytelling and design.

I learned a lot from making this, particularly with building mega assemblies and lighting/post processing. Choosing the right shots to fit everything under 1 minute was also challenging but helped me include only the most essential parts.

Concept

A group of campers find a fenced off canyon in the desert and decide to have a Halloween party inside where nobody will bother them.

If only they realized the fence wasn’t to keep them out, but to keep something else in…

Engine Version

Engine 5.0.3

3 Likes