APRIL GAME JAM: Theme: DON'T PUT ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET

Super stoked for this theme. Have a pretty “epic” idea… >> … <<…crickets

yes, I am horrible at puns…

Can you tell I copy/paste sometimes ;D

Now THAT is clever.

Be water, SaxonRah. Flow in and out of the “rules”

I’m making my game with the UE4 editor in Linux, allmost a full day in and I’ve had no real problems, so I think we will see official Linux support soon. I can’t see any reason why epic would not support it when it runs this good.

Hm might throw something quick together. Just gotta find a basket model and some egg models…

: Zen Buddhist Philosopher/UE4 Community Manager

I can make you some in blender if you need.

Interesting idea… I should seed the jams with assets

Well… then someone has to know the next theme before we go live.

I’ve got some ideas though

Each jam do some sort of bid. Then people can bid on being an asset contributor to the jam. Whoever wins the bid cannot participate in the jam, but maybe would still get some sort of reward for being a contributor? (If the contributor was able to participate in the jam, they would have an advantage being they would have to know about the theme ahead of time as stated)

I like this idea! It would broaden the jam a little bit more for artists. Some artists have no desire to even learn “code” even with blueprints.

~rush

I suddenly found the new example SillyGeo is a good answer to the theme

hi all, having fun yet? :cool:

simple solution:

*** game jammers post request for assets ( sound effects as well as other assets besides art could be requested )
*** volunteers post what they can or are willing to provide
*** both can edit update as required
(we need more exposure anyway)

edit: also appropriate respect to contributors should be followed. ie: credit given as well as possibly being included in teams when a lot of assets are contributed

then can feel the Game Jam rush … and we can all share the Luv. lol :wink:

I had a deep tissue shoulder injection of steroids on Friday and no idea the last two days were going to be so brutally painful. I feel much better today, so I’m really looking forward to the submission phase, so i can enjoy a bunch of games. Good luck to all the participants.

How’s development going, everyone??

Had a lot less time on my hands than expected, but if I can iron out that last bug I’ll be ready! Really shows the power of UE4 if I can still get something working done quick, with as few time as I had.

Hard :wink: I thought it will took me 1 day tops to make it, but as usual, unexpected small problems and crazy ambitons to polish everything get it the way. Although it will be my most polished game ever so stay tuned! :smiley:

Submitted mine anyways; couldn’t get that bug in time, but it would be a waste to not submit :slight_smile:

Oh crikey, I missed this thread. Oh well, maybe next month!

Ran into some bugs with AI, and the deprected performcheck function. Not going to be able to submit.

I guess you could say I put all of my eggs in one basket this time around.

Polish it up and release it anyway - no reason not to, really :wink: