Appliance Asset from Marketplace

I purchased the “Home Appliances Vol 1” asset from the marketplace and noticed that some of the appliances have different variables that can be set. For example, you can set the door of the microwave to be closed, open, or in between. Bascially any Float value from 0.0 to 1.0. There is also a Boolean which sets the inside light to on or off.

I would like to set an input key press (Action Mappings) on the Project Settings tab and call name it: Open Stuff
I would like to set an input key press (Action Mappings) on the Project Settings tab and call name it: Light OnOff
I will assign these to the left and right mouse button, respectively. (I’ve already done this)

What I need help with is being able to click the left mouse button and have it change the door opening variable on the Microwave_modern_BP from 0.0 to 1.0 and also set the right click mouse button to turn on or off the light. Maybe even have the variable move from 0.1, 0.2, 0.4, etc to 1.0 over a one second period of time.

Trying to add input keys from the keyboard inside the blueprint is not allowed. The option never comes up. The blueprint is a construction script.

I just want to be able to walk up to the microwave or stove and open/close the doors with a key press or mouse click and also turn off and on the light.

useitem.png

light.png
details.png