App store connect warning: ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage

I’ve just started receiving this warning when submitting to TestFlight: ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - Apple will stop accepting submissions of apps that use UIWebView APIs

Is anyone aware of how this affects or relates to UE4.22 packaged apps? My project is all Blueprint, and I’m not sure where these API references may be coming from.

I have the same issue with 4.23 [TABLE=“align: center, border: 0, cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 0”]

[TABLE="align: center, border: 0, cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 0"]

[TR]
[TD=“width: 648, bgcolor: #ffffff, align: left”]ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - Apple will stop accepting submissions of apps that use UIWebView APIs . See Apple Developer Documentation for more information.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to App Store Connect.

Best regards,

The App Store Team

[/TD]

[/TR]

Are you using any plugins? I intended to try and strip everything back to look into where the UIWebView API stuff was happening - but it’s so time consuming to build and submit repeatedly and I wouldn’t have a clue how to track it down in c++ etc.

It’d be great if someone at Epic could confirm if this is simply something to be rectified in a later release. Not sure if a bug report exists - I didn’t log one because I wasn’t confident that it wasn’t coming from my installed plugins.

I’ve just disabled the only additional plugin (ie, something that isn’t in the list of plugins that install along with the engine by default) that was in use in my project (Universal Mobile Ads & and GameDNA Installer) and App Store Connect still generates this warning.

This leads me to believe that these API calls are part of the engine / blueprint etc.

My next step (when time allows) will be to package a blank template project and see if that generates the warning when uploaded to App Store connect. Then I’ll submit a bug.

I’m getting the same issue with 4.23 also. I thought it might have been the ad plugin (Universal Mobile Ads), but evidently not. I’m hoping they get this fixed in the next few weeks. It would be a nightmare not being able to submit apps because of this.

Searched for UIWebview, Webkit and Webview on my mac, and these are the results. It looks like it’s definitely in the engine, and file IOSPlatformWebBrowser.h looks like the most guilty file of them all.

Have also recently come across this issue, surprised there has been no formal response from the Epic team here yet. I don’t believe we are using any extra plugins so I feel this issue happens with just the Engine code.

In IOSPlatformWebBrowser.h it has a wrapper for UIWebView:
“Wrapper to contain the UIWebView and implement its delegate functions”

However, there seems to be the WKWebView in use instead, so I’m not sure where the actual error is coming from. The document linked via App store connect also states:

“An iOS app linked on or after iOS 10.0 must include in its Info.plist file the usage description keys for the types of data it needs to access or it will crash. To access a user’s photo data specifically, it must include NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription and NSCameraUsageDescription.”

Hey all,

Thanks for your troubleshooting - I’ve entered this as Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-80570)

Thanks !

Ok gang, lets get some iOS dev votes happening on Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-80570). When Apple actually pull the pin, we’ll be unable to submit builds until this is resolved one way or another.

I’ve spread this link as much as I can, hopefully we’ll get a lot of votes for it to be sorted soon. I’ve been told by a unity developer (he was facing the same problem) that Unity have assured people that Apple won’t knock back any troubled builds any time soon, so that’s a relief.

Im using gameanalytics and gamedna facebook plugin

my team facing same issue since august. and we have been keep trying to remove old references used for UIWebView .
eavn though epic updated webbrowser from UIWebView to wkwebview. still some comment contains UIWebView . which could be an issue.

but some 3rd party libraries (ex:Google Sign-In for ios) using uiwebview and Epic has used that plugin in the engine side.although i hardly doubt that any ios user asctually uses it.

so apple subbmissioin system most proabbly getting UIWebView reference from those 3rd party plugin/libraries

I’ve fixed my plugins by updating SDKs to not use of UIWebView. Then I successfully submitted the game built on the default UE4.23 version. The ticket Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-80570) is useless.

Hi! Does anyone else still have issues with this? I am working on an iOS app, and I recently started to get this error when trying to submit it to the app store. I checked the source code for all the plugins I am using but couldn’t find anything related to UIWebView