ApexAsset for DestructibleMesh not loading on cooked game, but does on play in editor

What about if i need to use a construction helper loading a uDestructibleComonent? Which has to be done on construct

I would avoid loading the asset on the C++ constructor, instead using a BP subclass and setting the asset reference there, then placing the BP on the map.
link text
I’m attaching the annotated source files I’ve modified.

Really apreciate that thanks for all the help

Heads up, setting the asset reference in bp was also broken for me. My solution was to use StaticLoadObject to actually load the class at runtime from a string

I actually found a workaround for this issue. It is critical that the destructible mesh not be referenced is not referenced (even indirectly) by a character or other startup asset. Since this makes it impossible to keep a proper reference, I’m instead keeping a FString reference and then loading it when it’s needed using StaticLoadClass like so:

UClass* Result = StaticLoadClass(UObject::StaticClass(), nullptr, *ClassName, nullptr, LOAD_None, nullptr);

It’s ugly, and may put undue stress on the HDD but technically it works.

thank you so much for this patch. worked like a charm and saved our milestone :slight_smile:

Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-54133) was rejected, I am still facing with a problem