APEX Destruction - Trigger Event When Destroyed

I just learned how to install the APEX Destruction plugin and make any static mesh destructible on contact. Is there a way to trigger an event when the mesh is destroyed? For example, I’d like the player to earn points when a destructible mesh is destroyed whether by running into it or causing it to fall and shatter. Also, is there a way to tell how much a mesh has been damaged?

though apex is the old one i think there is an event on fractured see an actor with the destructible mesh component select it and see in details pane the events are usually the last ones or seach it in blueprint

1 Like

As above, do note that Fractured and Destroyed are 2 completely different beasts. Destroying something means removing it from the game:

The problem with that is that each chunk keeps track of the accumulated damage - so, while possible, it’s not as easy as reading a single variable. Physics body states are partially exposed to blueprints but I can’t tell from the top of my head whether this is possible without digging deeper.

when a destructible mesh is destroyed whether by running into it or causing it to fall and shatter.

Perhaps you could work around it. You know the velocities of both entities and their masses, physically simulated entities can be made to generate hit events when colliding. Damage can be derived from the calculation.

If you were to manually Apply Damage, that’d be easy, of course.