Download

Apex Destructible kismet

so i have been designing a system where, the more destruction the player does the higher the score goes. but for the life of me i cannot figure out how to
get apex destructibles to be recognized in kismet as being hit. i have tried everything from touch triggers to damage taken to physics impacts.
here is a screenshot of the score system that will be linked to the whatever apex node works with this thing…
e77d833f061e7bb2777c5e26f7de93377b14f3a9.jpegd2ee9f1f88d098b4592619def8411d0880d39803.jpeg
the trigger touch works fine as it automatically initiates damage to the wall which triggers the score to raise to 1 point.
but as far as i can tell nothing else works and no other input nodes are recognized. it’s really crappy…

You’ve tested Take Damage -> Min Damage / Threshold = Zero w/ Player-only unticked?

If I remember right Kismet events don’t even fire right for FracturedStaticMeshActors.
I had to hack it by looking for a UC variable that changed once damage was applied.

bHasShownMissingSoundWarning

Namely the Bool above, but its just a one time thing, so it won’t help your case.
Really, Kismet was always too limited… You’re constantly forced to look to UC…

well darn, thanks anyways man. hopefully i can figure out something here!

Untitled-x copy.jpgwell i just made some significant progress. i used apexdestructibleactor touch then if i quickly feign a death into the wall and collide with it my score goes up! i’m assuming this is because the pawn has a physicsasset.
i’m gonna try to give a projectile a physics asset with custom collision and see if i can replicate it :slight_smile:

Well, if you’re heading that way, maybe these will give you some options too:

RadialImpulseActor / RadialForceActor…