Anyone use the Raspberry Pi?

I love the raspberry pi, you can use them for anything. I’ve just finished up a project that is part of the AstroPi up on the ISS. At home though I’ve used them as Media servers, Data Back ups, Temperature gauges, RetroPi.

I like think of them like lego, if you can think it up, you can normally find a way to build it. Though I’m not sure UE4 would work on one.

Hi, were you able to use an RPi2 as an Unreal Game Engine Dedicated server?

I’m thinking of ordering one and playing around with it. ANyone know where i can order moldable plastic???

You’re probably going to need a mold and plastic pellets to melt down into the mold.
Not many ‘moldable’ plastics that would be good around things that get warm or Hot.

Could i use old plastic bottles??? I have a boatload of those.

I guess… Not the greatest thing on earth to use.
But it could work… By the way, what are you using it for?

Moldable plastic that gets soft from being dipped in boiling water is easily purchasable on Amazon:
http://amzn.to/29XW5NH (InstaMorph)
This is about as moldable as modeling clay; slightly more surface tension so it tends to blobbify a little bit if left on its own.

“drapable” sheets of plastic that can be heated until it droops, and draped over molds, is also available:
http://amzn.to/2a8qaL3 (Polycarbonate/Lexan)
This is a bit floppy even when cold, but very tough.
You can heat this with a hair dryer or in the oven. However, it’s really intended to be used on a vacuum former with a heating table and a vacuum pump to get good definition against the mold.
I recommend against Acrylic (Plexiglass) because it’s quite brittle and breaks easily.

Also: I have a number of Pi-2s and still one Pi-1. I use them mostly for robotics. I use the default Raspbian because it’s the least hassle.
(I also ran Arch on one for a while, because I like it, but the custom hardware support for RPi makes it a little more friction)
I would recommend against running anything server-like (where data preservation long term is important) on the RPi, because the storage options of “USB thumb drive” or “micro-SD card” just aren’t that great.

Lol a toy robot. But it’s more of a hobby project anyway, so i would have used to cheap plastic to build a prototype before thinking of investing further.

Okay ! jwatte’s suggestions up there are something you should look at.
You could also do the Plastic bottle thing aswell.

Wish you luck on you’re project! :smiley:

Thanks man