I’m currently testing the sequence recording capabilities starting from UE 4.12.
At the moment, I have a rig with bones and morph targets. I’ve made a plugin that retrieve data from the network, and provide, at the Blueprint level, the necessary coefficients for constraining bones and morph target.
.fbx importation of the rig is successful, I’m able to constraints my rig using the “Transform (Modify) Bone” node in the Anim Graph. In the Event graph, using “Set Morph Target” allows me to constraints morph targets. As no events are usable in the Anim Graph, I use a shared variable between the Event graph and the Anim graph to retrieve bones coefficients. Below is a basic a representation of the data flow:
1. [Network] --> [Event in Event Graph] --> [Retrieving bones & morph targets coeff] --> [fill the shared variable] --> [Read the variable] --> [Constraints Morph Targets] 2. |-> [Read the variable] --> [Constraints Bones] Caption: 1. Code in Event Graph. 2. Code in Anim Graph.
This is my Anim Graph Blueprint:
When I use the sequence recorder, I noticed my bone’s modifications are well recorded, while the Morph Targets are not. It’s likely the Event Graph is not recorded.
I think I didn’t get the underlying functioning of the Anim Graph vs Event Graph under the hood.
So these are my questions:
- Is it possible to record morph target as an Animation?
- How can I change my Blueprint to record Blendshapes?
- What is driving the Anim Graph? (in term of Thread/tick/refresh rate) According to the online tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZezNr-DOSRI), the Anim Graph is a State Machine?
- I think my design is not good, and I’m not respecting the animation principle in Unreal. Any suggestions?
Thank you for your time and your help.