Anyone know how to place a working PC inside of an Unreal Engine Game?

I’m doing an architectural visualization in which I would like the user to be able to access and use a PC in order to stay in touch with the outside world, but keep their VR headset on. Even something simple as a game emulator would get me started. (similar to the Crash Bandicoot easter egg in “The Last of Us.”

Thank you for any input.

1 Like

Uhh… Coding it? You could use widgets for simulating a PC screen, but for a game simulator you’d probably have to make it run somewhere on the map and then show it on the screen with 2D Scene Captures.

Not entirely sure I understand what you mean, but you could always use the browser widget and create a small web browser. Easy and fast if you want to make a simple and quick “pc”

I think we have the same idea, I’ve been looking into building a VR office app. It’s not a game but an app, you can build your own 3D environment using unreal world builder and than upload the files to an app that emulates your PC screens from with in the world, it has essentially meta workrooms attached to it. From what I’m looking into you can’t do it with blueprint yet, you have to code an emulator using c# and make that a plug inn for unreal. I by no means know what I’m talking about, I’m in the forums looking at possible options to this concept, and came across this post, feel free to msg me if you’d like to collaborate. I also asked Meta and as long as your world is in glb and .fbx formats you can upload them to workrooms.