Anyone interested?

Anybody interested in helping me to create a blockbuster CoD-like game? The entire game will be developed by the community (unlike the other game studios where they rely on internal development teams).

Hey, Welcome to the Forum!

You may get more attention if you post this in the “Looking for Help” Section: https://forums.unrealengine.com/forumdisplay.php?25-Got-Skills-Looking-for-Talent

Here’s a helpful tip free of charge: I advise you to add a bit of information about your game. It’s a bit hard for one to say they want to be committed to a project they know little to nothing about.

Good Luck,

~ Jason

Another little tip.* Serious gamers tend to look down on CoD as a vapid, meat grinder shoebox experience.

Example: So I was playing ArmA 3 the other night and some player was crashing his helicopter into the other pilot’s helis, causing everyone to despise this ape. Then someone types into chat, “Get the f#*ck off this server and go back to CoD!”

So there ya go. It’s nothing to be proud of, I’m sorry. It’s like this all the time. Think outside the box. Don’t copy something that’s been saturating the market for the last 13 years.

Mhh “helping” and then “the entire game”.
I am a bit confused about that.
How do you plan your road, for that blockbuster?
Polishing an intro teaser and then Kickstarter and sharing money out of that, or do you take all the cash alone?
Blockbusters need these days zombies, do you planned some ingame?

Thanks for the quick tips about the process of creating a game.

Well currently I have a few vague ideas pertaining to the game which will be developed as time goes by.

The game that I have been thinking about will be set in an alternate timeline in the future where the cold war is still on and the Soviet Union (along with the Eastern Bloc) still exists.

The game might also include space colonies, colonies in other planets (Mars, Jupiter’s moons, Saturn’s moons), superweapons, bioweapons, just to name a few.

If you want, I can post a more detailed description here.

Well, I am not exactly trying to create a CoD clone. The game will be a FPS like CoD but it won’t copy CoD entirely (unless people wants a “Zombies Mode” in the game).

Firstly, I will see if enough people is interested in helping me to create the game. Then, I will lay out the groundwork for the game and you guys will help out in creating the map, weapons, characters, etc.

Truthfully, I am not sure if it will turn out to be a blockbuster, but at least there will be a game created by the community, for the community.

Probably once the game is about 20% to 50% complete (the basic gameplay), I will launch a Kickstarter (or Indiegogo) campaign to raise the funds needed to finish developing the game. And as for the surplus money, I might share it with the developers.

Everything is not set in stone just yet. There might be major changes here and there but for now, this is what I am planning to do.

I’m not a fan of CoD myself, I played the first Modern Warfare back in 2008 but none of the other titles since, but I would like to point out that the CoD franchise has been phenominally successful and popular. It’s a little short-sighted to write an entire franchise off based on the opinions of one niche community.

To the OP: I recommend you try and draw up a game design and, if possible, start making some progress either in the programming or art department.

The reason for this is for free-time projects like this which will be developed by volunteers, they want to see a project that has potential, both in concept and in the chances of it actually being completed.

Good luck!

Terra854, if you want to draw any relevant attention to this project you should begin by posting something about your credentials, what you’ve done in the past that is relevant to what you’re asking for. If the answer is nothing or close to nothing I’m afraid you’re in tough luck.