Anyone interested in teaching a high-school student UE4 programming ?

I’m guessing you’re already familiar with the video tutorials, but here’s the link anyway in case you are not:

There’s a pretty detailed tutorial for creating a basic first person shooter from the ground up with C++. I think it would probably be a good idea for you to give it a try. I haven’t done it yet myself, but here’s the link:

Also, here’s a good page for understanding how to interface to and from BluePrints and how to expose C++ classes as usable BluePrints:

Even as a C++ programmer, you should still learn the BluePrint system. You will be expected to know it on any project you work on, even if you mostly do internal C++ work.

Expecting someone to teach you and help you out all the time is kind of unreliable. It would be wise for you and your programming career if you learn to become good at exploring code bases on your own and through reading the basic documenation to get started.

I’ve worked for a AAA studio, and in a game company you are expected to be mostly autonomous except for when it comes to asking about the intent behind features and functions and the overall architecture of systems.