Anyone have any experience with custom npcs?

Anyone successful at making the custom npcs have voices/noises? They are fully custom with custom behavior and animations. i have tried creating another device that has editables to audio devices. And then calling that device from the npc verse behavior, but it doesn’t seem to work.I am just trying to get some noise out of the npcs… they are completely silent… I have sounds for them just can’t get them to sound off… if we had audio in verse asset reflection it would be great. Also uefn doesn’t have the ability to bake sounds into animations

have you seen this project? : Verse Stronghold Template

I have seen that, and I could see that working if I was using guard spawners. But I have Fully custom NPCs with their own animations( no retargeting ) Unless you know how to create listenables within my npc verse behavior that mimics the Awareness/Attacking states that the guard spawner has.

interesting, but im not sure what is not working about your set up, what code do you have running to play the sounds? you said you have editables set up to audio devices and i remember that verse stronghold template has its audio devices set to play in a similar manner

the states could be created in the form of an enum in the same style as the guards have, and the custom events are not that difficult

your game is looking good btw :smiley:

1 Like

So what I did was make a device that had only editables for audio device. Then just a function for each .Play() and .Stop(). Then in the Npc Behavior device I had something like NpcAudio.PlayShreik(). It didn’t have any errors but it didn’t work either. I am going to mess around with it some more soon after I finish correcting memory spikes in my game. So it will be the last thing I will have to do. My Npc device has states and event signals but I cannot Subscribe to them for some reason. (Subscribe is unknown identifier)

1 Like