Anyone had manage to do OPC connection with Unreal Engine?

Hi
Hi evaluating the posibility to view data in real time from OPC servers on Unreal Engine and used emulate what its happening in the process (for example water level on a tank)
There is a way of doing this?
Thx in advance for any help or info about this!!

Hi, I know this thread is really old, but did you ever come up with a solution to this, i also need OPC connectivity to UE4 ?

Thanks in advance

Hi, I managed to get an OPC-UA connection working but I had to do it with UnrealEnginePython using the FreeOPCUA project examples. I did it this way as I had no idea how to do this in C++. As UnrealEnginePython has been put on hold it would be great to see an implementation in C++ or a plug-in. There are a few open source C++ libraries for OPC-UA available.

Just spotted this if it is any help…

I managed to get this code working. Here is complete project that you can hopefully import to your projects. This enables OPCUA function utilization from Blueprints:

I hope it is ok by Epic that OpcUAClientBPLibrary.cpp and OpcUAClientBPLibrary.h have copyright by Epic.

1 Like

Hi @anonymous_user_1a55bc9d1 could you help me also with this?

I have UE4 project which i need to connect using OPC. I also have OPC Server (TOP Server 5.21). Is your addon provides this feature? Features i need are connect/disconnect, read/write and “connection lost” check

My plugin has these features

• Cross platform
  • Async Read and Write (boolean, byte, sbyte, float, double, int16/32/64, string… including their timestamps, data name and descriptions)
  • Historical data access
  • Multiple Server Connection
  • Secure connection (username, signed, signed & encrypt)
  • Runtime certificate creation (not temporary certificate from open62541. a real certificate file) which compatible with OPC UA v1.04 protocols.

I don’t have “check connection” feature specifically because all client libraries already have UA_Status variable. When you want to connect an invalid server, you will get UA_STATUS_BAD. When you want to read or write a node to/from disconnected server, you will also get an error. All these errors have their stringified returns.

But if you want it as a server health check, it can make senses. I just didn’t think about it.

The problem is, I am not consider sharing or publishing it right now.

Hey eray_ozr,

Well done on the plugin.
Is it available for UE5.2 as well, please?

All the best,

Smudgy

Yes but it is closed source and I don’t consider to share it freely. If there is enough request, I can think to create a product based on monthly/yearly subscriptions.
I wrote details to here.