Anyone else manipulated UMG enough that it stops receiving input?

I must say that I loathe the way that some UI elements consumes input…

I’m just an indie dev, so UMG is all I have, so what do you do? Well, you roll your own buttons, roll your own grid navigation handling, roll your own on-the-fly keyboard/gamepad/mouse switching, etc etc (all in Blueprints).

Until you come upon a user-widget inside of a user-widget problem you just can’t get to work without adding a button… so now you have to add an extra function that detects the consumed click and reports it back up to your own input handling…

…and suddenly, input action events stop working.

Like, breakpoints like the one above simply don’t fire, no matter how much you press the buttons.

Until you restart that is, and don’t go into that menu with the user-widget inside the user-widget and those buttons…

Anyone had that happen to them? How do you even debug that? The output log is clean!

EDIT: Btw, in case anyone asks, it has nothing to do with input modes… the only input mode node I have in my project looks like this… :sweat_smile:

So you have multiple widgets in the screen at the same time, and more then one of them has the same action in them?

Sorry if I was unclear, but the first screenshot in my post is from the Player Controller and is a mapped input action… only it’s mapped to the arrow keys which UMG swallows in some modes (which as the second screenshot indicates, I haven’t activated).

Yeah I am in the same (sinking) boat. Fun. Whaddayawant for free?

(Update: that will probably jinx me for posting this, but i just changed my UMG buttons onClicked to just be Mouse Down and that… seems to have fixed it… wtf?)