Any way to use sequencer without in level references?

hi, so the prototype i am working has a bunch of different death animations, but they are tied with specific gameplay or events. Imagine the deaths from the last of us, cinematic, specific music and animation but that can happen in any location. Is there a way to use sequencer in a more local fashion, not relying on actor references (specifically for the player character as i am using the player controller and not really having my player character in the world) and that would be able to act Locally without relying on world transforms?(and to that same extent, not needing to import the sequences to every level)
Right now I am doing these through blueprint, but it’s hard to get timings right, something like sequencer would be much easier.
For example, one of the death;s is the the player is caught in a surveillance spotlight. I freeze the game, switch the camera to one inside the player character(so it works with multiple different surveillance lights but still playing the same death animation/sound/music)