Any way to mute particular warnings in the logs?

I have a warning that spams my log files:

[0023.09] Warning: GetBoneMatrix : BoneIndex(65) out of range of ParentBoneMap for SkeletalMeshComponent_8 (feet)
[0023.09] Warning: GetBoneMatrix : BoneIndex(66) out of range of ParentBoneMap for SkeletalMeshComponent_8 (feet)
[0023.09] Warning: GetBoneMatrix : BoneIndex(59) out of range of ParentBoneMap for SkeletalMeshComponent_8 (feet)
[0023.10] Warning: GetBoneMatrix : BoneIndex(0) out of range of ParentBoneMap for SkeletalMeshComponent_8 (feet)

I’ve tried to address the issue, but without success. It doesn’t appear to have any negative affects on the game performance or stability, so I can’t really justify spending time resolving the root cause, and would prefer to simply disable the warning.

Does anyone know how I would do this (disable the warnings)?

2 Likes

defaultengine.ini

[Core.System]
+Extensions=mobile
//+Suppress=scriptwarning
//+Suppress=error
//+Suppress=scriptlog

those are removed with the suppress warning flag

Engine.ini
[Core.System]
+Suppress=Warning

beware, this will also suppress compile warnings!

although they need to commented out when compiling new code.

Thanks guys. So no way to only suppress this particular message. I guess this is one of annoying things about not having access to the source code.

Uping this post because I have exactly the same issue with one particular warning message in the logs.
Would be VERY convenient if you were able to mute one particular warning message.

any news on this? I’m using Robo recall’s lightmap level switching and throws a known error and is kinda annoying. Would be very nice to be able to mute specific errors

Hey looks useful specially once pawn is spawned…

I’d like to mute “LogAnimation: Warning: Currently in Animation Blueprint mode. Please change AnimationMode to Use Animation Asset” warnings (since they are false – Set Play Rate to blueprint animation works fine). Sadly there is no way…

Yes me too also the freaking getbonematrix : Boneindex… Well a log message I know

Same. I’d like to suppress the “Curve with name … and type … already exists”. There is literally one hit on google about this warning and it’s unsolved. I have no idea how to fix it but it seems to not matter. This pops up for every bone on every frame when I create a UAnimSequence from scratch… so yeah.