Any solution for women hair

Hello!!

I write this message because I have a problem with the align when i scan a women. I think is for the hair. I use xmp for better align because I use a fixed cameras. My question is have any solution for the hair? I know is very dificult and confusse for RC becase is very very thing but if you know a solution is great for understand the software and the photogrammetry.

Thank you.

Hi Rodrigo
any screenshots of the subject so that we can understand it easier?

Wishgranter wrote:

Hi Rodrigo
any screenshots of the subject so that we can understand it easier?

Yes of course. I put 2 image. I can put screenshot because the problem is with align no with reconstruction.When I align i have 7 components. If you need i put any screenshoot but no look the model because have diferent components. However with the man not have a problem.

The lady in your photos is wearing something that is very bad for a good alignment result.

Unicolor black. No surface details at all.

You should have your candidates wear something that has distinct patterns. Like a hawaiian shirt or something…

Like this one:
https://hawaiishirtcompany.com/wp-conte … _black.jpg

That will give RC a good amount of detail for alignment.

Hair is, when you get down to sample level, very view dependant. there’s a lot of specular reflection going on and this will change for every camera angle = no coherence across viewpoints.

Not sure if anyone commonly expects hair to work well. Perhaps a much lower resolution scan (down sampled images) could work ?? but that’s just a suggestion.

Matt Hermans
Electric Lens Co