Any plans for a small un-paid trial? 14-30 days?

Hey all,

I’m just curious if there are any plans to release a trial for UE4? I know $19.99 isn’t exactly a wallet breaker, but I don’t really want to just throw $20 in the trash can if I don’t have to. I assume that since it’s ‘x’ amount a month you probably have to log in to use the software.

Between this dropping and the recent announcement with Unity 5 I’m not sure which direction I’d rather go in and I’d like to take a look at the changes between this and UDK3.

theres a offline mode (i saw it but did not click it) i think the login is only for the marketplace anyways

Yeah I was thinking thing same, im most likely not going to use this but I was really keen to try it out, who knows I may end up liking it but im not going to pay $20 to find out.

[=Adobeman;238]
Yeah I was thinking thing same, im most likely not going to use this but I was really keen to try it out, who knows I may end up liking it but im not going to pay $20 to find out.
[/]

You can cancel it anytime so i don’t see why not get it just to see. If you have doubts about it, maybe you shouldn’t get it. But it doesn’t hurt to try for $20.

It would be good to have a trial version of UE4, so that we can test it out before we buy it. Cooler would be if there will be a UDK with UE4!

Hi !

Currently there is no planned trial or free version of Unreal Engine 4. If you would like, you can make a one-time purchase for $19 and then cancel your subscription to give it a try. You do not have to pay the subscription to use the engine, just to get the initial download, updates and additional content.

Have a great day!