Any NPC - Character Customization Tool for UE4 - Featuring shareable Lipsync

Quick proof of concept related to Apex Cloth combined with Morph Targets, and as you can see from the video it works pretty nicely.

The “Fat” blendshape on the jacket is literally done in two minutes and it is intended just as a quicl test, so in the next couple of days I’ll take a look at Marvelous Designer to see if I can achieve better results in terms of shapes and cloth behaviour itself in order to have a wide variety of clothing for both the male and female base version.

Facial morph added, but still working on them since I need to add some base races in order to vary the face a bit more.

UMG is on the way ( finally ) and clothes as well…thinking about medieval armor, fantasy inspired stuff ( ala Mass Effect ) and some neat clothes such as in the new The Order 1886 which looks awesome, plus capes.

So when will you be selling this?

Just curious :slight_smile:

I know that there is request for this kind of customization tool, but I’m quite busy with my job right now…this is something that I’m developing on my spare time, unfortunately I can’t put so much time on it as I wish.

Anyway I guess that if everything goes according to plan in a month I’ll have enough content so I can sumbit this to Epic and see what will be the response :slight_smile:

Incredible work! I will be eagerly anticipating this and more than willing to buy the plugin when it is released.

Great job man!

Hey, a few questions about this system - does it allow for facial animations, like frowning or such?

What is the runtime cost of maintaining all of those various blend shapes and bones? Would this decimate performance with >10 NPCs?

Hi DamirH,

Yes, the plugin will features dedicated blend shapes which are based on Faceshift, Faceware and my custom lipsync system, so that the user can key them manually or using a custom system ( currently Maya only ) which I’ll supply with the plugin.

Not sure about the runtime cost right now…I guess I’ll try to put 10-20-30-40-50 NPCs done with the plugin inside an already made environment ( from the various downloadable scenes from the marketplace ) and check the results…anyway I will also supply a 2 level LODs as well :slight_smile:

Currently I’m very busy but the development is still going and I’m finishing all the various meshes for varying the character so that can be more customization available and doing a mockup of the UI to be user-friendly.
I guess its time to make a new video in short time :slight_smile:

Hi. Just curious about the state of this awesome project :slight_smile: thanks!

Any update on this project so far?