Answerhub spam

@masterneme: Please PM me the links to the posts so I can investigate and take action if necessary. Thanks. Q

[=;355481]
@masterneme: Please PM me the links to the posts so I can investigate and take action if necessary. Thanks. Q
[/]

e.gwww.unrealengine/blog/ark-dev-kit-and-mod-contest But as far as I know you/moderators are not able to delete stuff in blog posts :wink:

[=;355483]
e.gwww.unrealengine/blog/ark-dev-kit-and-mod-contest But as far as I know you/moderators are not able to delete stuff in blog posts :wink:
[/]

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh … that blog post. 8-}

/me sits back down on his bean bag and eats his popcorn. 8-}

Scrap these free open sourced frameworks you are using (Answerhub etc) and build your own along with a ‘forum’. Spams will never end.

For Blog comments and Marketplace comments, if anyone sees a post which is spam or otherwise ought to be removed, please be sure to click the Flag icon to report it. This queues it for Epic to review and delete.

Thanks

p.s. - we are currently cleaning up the spam from .karami

More spam in answerhub. Can’t wait for the update! Thanks Mods

What is problem with adding simple captcha?

Yes, what is the problem with a captcha?

https://www.google/recaptcha/intro/index.html
Integrating this one shouldn’t take longer than 5 minutes.

[=;356293]
What is problem with adding simple captcha?
[/]

[=;356296]
Yes, what is the problem with a captcha?
[/]

the answer why a captcha wont work is very simple, this spammer is human and not a bot so a captcha wouldn’t make any difference.

even easier way, make a limitation for a question publication per hour.

Just dont allow words that arent actually words…
Like : https://answers.unrealengine/questions/281922/dsfkjsd-fkjsdklj-dskjsdklsd-kjls-dksjldf.html

[]
even easier way, make a limitation for an answer publication per hour.
[/]

Yeah, and people complain again about “the slow reaction time on AH” :rolleyes:

[=;356329]
[/]

i fixed post, not an answer, question
and answer can be limited as well, for some 25 per hour

[=;356326]
Just dont allow words that arent actually words…
[/]

that’s already in place but its fairly ineffective against this spammer.

[]
[/]

yep.

[=;356304]
the answer why a captcha wont work is very simple, this spammer is human and not a bot so a captcha wouldn’t make any difference.
[/]

lol, i can’t even imagine what makes somebody to waste his time on this? Maybe a crash? He got no answer to his question?

[]
lol, i can’t even imagine what makes somebody to waste his time on this? Maybe a crash?
[/]

Indeed, cash. And it takes surprisingly little of it. Saw once a documentary of it.
Sometimes the deal is just hardware. The guy gets a laptop “for free” (that he could not afford otherwise) and all he needs to do is fulfill a certain spam quota.
For some, it is the only way to "own " a computer at all…

Hey mods, spammer is back in Answerhub.

Yeah … I am trying to clear them out as quickly as possible. 8-{

Basically my inbox every morning:

https://i.gyazo/002ce080c5c2cdc1712927fbc953bb49.png

(and today has been a slow morning)
No way to IP-ban (or whatever) the sucker?

The devs are working on a solution … until we mods try to clean it as quickly as possible.