Answer me this please.

My friend told me that when i publish my game in UDK program, i will have to pay $…please is that truth? Should i stop using UDK because i dont have money to pay it…:frowning:

UE4 is not UDK

UDK is built from Unreal Engine 3, you can download it for free and release games for free. If you sell a game you have to pay 25% royalty after the first $50,000

UE4 is Unreal Engine 4, to get access you have to pay a $20/month fee, though you can cancel your subscription so you don’t have to continue to pay unless you want updates or source code access. If you sell a game then you have to pay a 5% royalty.

Ummm…

Sooo…when i publish my game, and when i start to sell it, and when i earn first 50000$ then i will have to give 25% of 50000$ right? Or i will have to give them money after i publish game?

25% royalty was for UDK, not UE4. When you make a game using UE4 and then sell it, you pay 5% of the total revenue to Epic. And there is no 50k$ limitation.

Sorry, im from Serbia and i dont really understand u, but do you wanna say that i need to pay 15000$ or how much i dont know when i publish game? And im using UDK(Free). Because i dont have money to pay that, only if i start to sell it and when i earn 15000$, only then i can pay…:confused:

If you use UE4: You pay 20$ monthly, and 5% of your income.
If you use UDK: You have to buy a 90$ license, and then, when you earn 50 000$, you start paying 25% royalty.

[]
ue4 is not udk

udk is built from unreal engine 3, you can download it for free and release games for free. If you sell a game you have to pay 25% royalty after the first $50,000

ue4 is unreal engine 4, to get access you have to pay a $20/month fee, though you can cancel your subscription so you don’t have to continue to pay unless you want updates or source code access. If you sell a game then you have to pay a 5% royalty.
[/]

best explanation ever! Can’t add anything!

[]
Sooo…when i publish my game, and when i start to sell it, and when i earn first 50000$ then i will have to give 25% of 50000$ right? Or i will have to give them money after i publish game?
[/]

Probably, that won’t happen my friend…

But then, what if i dont wanna sell my game? If i give it free, would i still have to pay?

I am so fu***** sorry, but i dont really understand english so good, im only 12(soon 13), so i cant publish my game for free? Only free download, no purchasing, so i wont need to pay? Right? :slight_smile:

If the game is free you do not need to pay for UDK

There might be a minimum age to be able to purchase a license anyways.

Google Translated it for you (So it might not make 100% sense, but should still make a little sense:

[=;15220]
УЕ4 није УДК

УДК је изграђен од Унреал Енгине 3, можете га бесплатно преузети и отпустите игре за бесплатно. Ако продајете игру морате да платите 25% тантијему након првих $ 50,000

УЕ4 је Унреал Енгине 4, да бисте добили приступ морате да платите $ 20/монтх накнаду, иако можете да откажете претплату, тако да не морате да наставите да плати уколико не желите исправке или изворни код приступ. Ако продајете игру онда морате да платите 5% хонорар.

Ако игра је слободан да не морате да платите за УДК

[/]

Wait ,KitatusStudios I wonder to know how exactly did you know what language he speaks?

[=Korben;15729]
Wait ,KitatusStudios I wonder to know how exactly did you know what language he speaks?
[/]

It’s all my years playing Phoenix Wright, finally paying off. Kididng, It’s not to hard to guess, when he pretty much said it:

[=NexyOu;15660]
Sorry, im from Serbia
[/]

Why would it matter anyhow?

Oh, my mistake, didn’t notice that he said it.:slight_smile:

The fact that he said “I use UDK” really narrows it down, Plus you are “almost” 13 and you have a game ready? Contact Epics licensing department for more information.

[=;15698]

[/]

Well, he can just ask his parents. On the epic udk licensing page, there was writtten that if you are non adult you have to make your parent/legal guardian do it.

Go here http://forums.epicgames.com/forums/366-UDK for all UDK related Questions. Maybe its a bit confusing that you have to click on “Products -> UDK” on the bottom of the Main Page to get in the right forums?

[=;15698]

[/]

I come from a family littered with lawyers so I read the Terms of Use out of instinct. I didn’t see anything to this effect, but I could be wrong.

[=Korben;15729]
[/]

Because he said he was from Serbia?

[=Ray Jones 312;15866]
I come from a family littered with lawyers so I read the Terms of Use out of instinct. I didn’t see anything to this effect, but I could be wrong.
[/]

I assume it would be implied considering it is a legal contract.

Based on that assumption only a legal adult, or parent/guardian, could enter into a license to use udk or ue4.