Download

Annoying BUG in blueprint system

Hi,
I found a rather annoying bug in the blueprint graph system.

I have a function called “PlaceElements” which is used in the construction script.
Now I added an output to the function

The compiler complains now about missing input pins and the already placed nodes of the function in the construction script are not updated. (No new output pin)

When I drag the function in again, the “new” node appears corectly with the output pin:

And when I then replace all nodes with the “new” one, it compiles again .

So to reproduce this bug do:

  1. Create a new function within a blueprint.
  2. Use that new function in the blueprint. For example in the construction script.
  3. Add an output node to the new function.
  • Now the compiler will complain about missing input pins and does not update the already placed nodes. They need to be replaced manually.

It is a real nightmare to do this with a heavily used function if I decide to add an output pion as an afterthought.

I hope this will get fixed soon :frowning:

Cheers,
Klaus

I think this was no real bug, just a missing feature. But it was “fixed” in 4.8 as far as I can tell from reading through all the commits which get added to the master branch :wink:

Hello KVogler,

I was reading over you post and I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a report (UE-15076) and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. Thank you for your time and information.

Make it a great day

Awesome :smiley: Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

As a heads up until this gets fixed, you can force a node to refresh without deleting it using Refresh Node in the right click menu on a node, or File…Refresh All Nodes; this way at least you don’t lose the existing wires.

Cheers,
Michael Noland

Great. :slight_smile: Ill test it tomorrow.
it was a really laborious task rewiring all the nodes.

Also: Thumbs up on the 4.8.p1 … Looks really good so far :smiley: