AnimStarterPack: Jog BlendSpace doesn't work for some angles

So I’m looking at the animations included in the Animation Starter Pack available on the Marketplace for free.

Specifically looking at the Blendspace asset called “BS_Jog”.
I’ve noticed that for some directions this doesn’t work well, it’s as if the blended animations are “cancelling” each other out.

If you preview “BS_Jog” and hover your cursor over the coordinates [Direction=-45;Speed=270] or [Direction=145;Speed=270] the mannequin is doing these silly little feeble steps.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Hi staticvoidlol,

I apologize for the delayed response. Are you still experiencing this error? If so, what steps can I take to reproduce this on my end?

I am marking this as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this error, please comment with the requested information.

Hi ,

My apologies - I didn’t see any notifications related to this question.

However, the steps to reproduce are as follows:

1. Download the Anim Starter Pack from the marketplace.
  2. Create a new project from the Unreal Launcher (V4.12.5, C++ Basic Codee project with no starter content, although any project/engine version will actually do)
  3. In Unreal Launcher, navigate to Library->Animation Starter Pack and click Add to Project, select the project created in step 2)
  4. Launch project editor and navigate to Content/AnimStarterPack and double click “BS_Jog” so that it opens up in Persona Animation tab.
  5. hover your cursor over the coordinates [Direction=-45;Speed=270] or [Direction=145;Speed=270] the mannequin is doing these silly little feeble steps.
  6. Note that although animation blending technically works, it does not actually look anywhere close to real running.
  7. To illustrate the issue further, if you were to pass direction calculated as the difference between character forward velocity and camera direction into the Anim Graph, you will see that the end result makes no sense.
  8. I wanted to show the previous point in a video but I cannot record anything with NVIDIA Shadowplay anymore because they are suddenly forcing me to register an account after I’ve already purchased their hardware at a significant cost.

Hi Staticvoidlol,

With this, can you send an email to so we can assist you more in depth? In the email, please include the steps you have provided above so we can