AnimNotify running only on client

Hi, I made an AnimNotify, but it runs only on client, so I did this:

http://puu.sh/gjgn9/4f15b348fb.jpg

but when the AnimNotify is called, I see “Client 2: Hello”, so it isn’t running in multicast. What can I do?

I could be wrong but I think animations aren’t replicated across clients so you have to play them on both the server and the client. Therefore, if you need AnimNotifies to trigger behavior that replicates, you should play the animation on the server (and the client) but handle notifies only on the server and ignore the client (or not, if you need something to happen on client side as well)

The animations are working both on server-side and client-side, but the AnimNotify isn’t.

If the animation is playing on the server, it should fire the AnimNotify there as well.
Make sure you haven’t modified these options on your Character mesh:
“Mesh Component Update Flag”, “Enable Update Rate Optimizations”
To debug, on your AnimNotify event, just add a Print String that prints the output of “IsServer” and nothing else. That should tell you whether the AnimNotify fires properly or not.

No. Those options aren’t modified.

Let me know if you’ve still had no luck. I could take a look at the project (preferably a stripped down version) if it’s ok with you.

Yes, it doesn’t work. I insterted the anim notify in the Fully Blended State Event, to see when the animation is completed.

I think your multicast is not working because animation blueprints are not replicated. So by calling a multicast function on the animation blueprint, the clients dont have the same animation blueprint and cant find the function you are wanting them to call. I suggest that you make a multicast function on the pawn or whatever you are animating which is replicated.

This is indeed correct. Animation blueprints are not replicated and that’s why the RPCs don’t get called.
This should be accepted as answer.