Animations won't export to fbx from the content browser.

Hi,

I have been recording animation takes on to skeletal meshes using take recorder. When i try to duplicate and copy the animations from the recorded sequence and export to fbx they will not export any files. If i drag the animations to the viewport and export selected the fbx files will export. I can also export the fbx from sequencer, but not from the content browser itself. This used to work and still does on some of my files. I am not sure what to look for and wondering if it is something in my animations or capture settings. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Carl Schembri
AMGI Studios

hi I am having the same exact problem, I’ve spent two days now trying everything to get them exported but now It just works in unity but unreal has something going on where it won’t export and deletes the file immediately as it’s exporting. If there’s ever a fix to this problem please update so others know.

hi
have this problem, workaround seems to be don’t export through the content browser, but to open the animation file, and on the window bar, click asset > export to fbx
should export properly from there

2 Likes