Animation Sequence Editor Rotation

So when I open up an animation sequence for my character, I notice that the rotation is slightly off. (This seems to me to be an isolated case for mocap animations that I’ve imported from Mobu to Maya to Rocket). Everything looks good in Maya, but in the editor, it comes out rotated 90 degrees for some reason. “Not a big deal”, I’m thinking. After all UE3’s animset editor had the ability to rotate the player arbitrarily for each animsequence and UE3 has been pretty good at being a catch-all for various slights and mistakes in my content pipeline.

But going into this AnimSequence Editor, I’m met with some surprise. There’s a translate and rotate icon on the top of the preview window that enables me to move the sequence around. Using those, I can get the animation upright again. But as soon as I close the editor, the rotation is right back to what it was when I first imported it. This happens even if I press the save icon. So I don’t know what I’m saving or if I’m even saving anything at all.

I’d like to see the ability to save the rotation (and translation position) of an animsequence again, to use them as corrective tools instead of just as temporary preview options.

So I’ve filed this under feedback; but I’m not exactly sure if this is a bug, or intended behavior on Epic’s part. Either way, however, I’d like to see it change.

Thank you for the feedback, Markus. This is not actually a bug, since the intended purpose of the buttons is for mesh previewing while skinning. However I have logged your feature request, and can report that permanent modification is already planned, although that feature is not expected to be ready for a while.

Hey was this feature added

Hello again.

No, this feature is still on backlog and unlikely to be worked on for a while.

Hey, I am checking for and update on this Question. My animation sequence rotation is slightly off and I would like to rotate it by 15 degrees to correct it…