Animation root motion does not work on Mixamo nor AnimStarterPack animations.

Hi,
I got some problem about setting up the root motion animations. I downloaded a Mixamo animation, I used a blender plugin to add a root skeleton to the animation and to the character. I imported them into Unreal engine. On the animation sequence from the asset details I checked EnableRootMotion and in the animation blueprint under Anim preview edit -> **Edit defaults **I set **Root motion from montages only **to Root motion mode. The animation plays fine. The only problem is that when the animation moves the character in the gam0e, the capsule component does not follow the character and when the animation finishes to play the character pop back or get dragged in the capsule component (which is ugly). I made the same test with the animation Death_1 from the AnimStarterPack (Downloaded from epic games market) and the same thing happened (the animation played but the capsule component does not follow the character and when the animation finishes to play the character pop back into the capsule).

I imported the animation **RootMotionExample **from the example content -> AnimationDemo-> animationsinto my project and with that animation the capsule follows the character and when the animation finishes to play it does not get back to where it was when it started the animation. Which is the behavior I expected.

My question is why the capsule component did not follow the characters when playing the animation in the previous ones and why the character pop back to the position where the animation started in the previous ones?

You should make sure blender did not add an extra bone as the root of your character’s skeleton. The only way to do that is to make sure you rename your character’s rig to ‘Armature’ before exporting to fbx.

I’m not a designer and I’m new in game development. The root bone of the Mixamo character was Pelvis then the Blender plugin output it with a bone called root at the top of the skeleton tree.

I didn’t get that. I didn’t export the fbx manually. the plugin did the skeleton tree change and output the fbx automatically.

With the plugin changes, the animation plays exactly how it supposed to be. I still don’t understand why the capsule component did not follow the animation. Note that the capsule component does not work also for the death_1 animation with the UE4_Mannequin_Skeleton skeleton from the animStarterPack.