Animation Rendering Error "Permission Denied"

I’m a new user of the Unreal engine and I’m trying to render a short (less than 10 seconds) animation using the Command Line Encoder option in the Movie Render Queue. However, I keep getting the same error message:

MoviePipelinePIEExecutor: Error: Command Line Encoder: C:/Users/me/Documents/Unreal: Permission denied

And no animation file gets created.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

For reference, in the Movie Pipeline CLI Encoder section of the project settings I have “C:\Program Files\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe” set as the Executable Path, with “mpeg4” set as the Video Codec, “mp3” for the Audio Codec, and “mp4” for the Output File Extension.

Also, in the Command Line Encoder section of the Movie Render Queue’s settings, I have the File Name Format Override set to “{sequence_name}” and the Delete Source Files option turned on, with everything else in that section being left on the default.

I’m using the .jpg Sequence [8bit] option for the images, and I also added a .wav Audio export.

Deferred Rendering is all on default settings, and the only things I changed in the Output settings were the resolution, and the frame rate (from the default 24 fps to 30 fps), but I doubt either of those is causing the problem.

maybe the folder is read only? try exporting to a new folder?

1 Like

The folder I was trying to export to was undefined in terms of read only status, as all folders on my computer seem to be, and I was unable to change it to otherwise, but changing the destination to my main documents folder made it work just fine. Thanks for the advice!