Download

Animation Montage Play Speed on Dedicated Server

I’m using a dedicated server setup and whenever I play an animation montage, the server plays it at roughly 1.5x speed. I’ve included an image of my test loop which simply replays a montage and records the time that it completes.

The output was:


 

  1. LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Mage_C_0] Server: 6.069112
  1. LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Mage_C_0] Client 1: 6.873052
  1. LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Mage_C_1] Client 2: 6.873052
  1. LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Mage_C_0] Server: 8.418126
  1. LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Mage_C_0] Client 1: 10.376117
  1. LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Mage_C_1] Client 2: 10.376117
  1. LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Mage_C_0] Server: 10.767637
  1. LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Mage_C_0] Server: 13.116509
  1. LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Mage_C_0] Client 1: 13.878887
  1. LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Mage_C_1] Client 2: 13.878887
  1. LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Mage_C_0] Server: 15.466028
  1. LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Mage_C_0] Client 1: 17.381388
  1. LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Mage_C_1] Client 2: 17.381388
  1. LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Mage_C_0] Server: 17.814875
  1. LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Mage_C_0] Server: 20.164433
  1. LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Mage_C_0] Client 1: 20.88456
  1. LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Mage_C_1] Client 2: 20.88456
  1. LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Mage_C_0] Server: 22.513466
  1. LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Mage_C_0] Client 1: 24.387661
  1. LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Mage_C_1] Client 2: 24.387661
  1. LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Mage_C_0] Server: 24.863035

 

The server completed each montage in about 2.35s, whereas clients took 3.5s and I can’t figure out why. I have tried with different montages and the results are the same.

I’m using the default Anim BP from Third person game preset. The only change is that I added the “Default Slot” node in between the “Default State Machine” and “Final Animation Node” to allow for animation montages to work.

I can not undarstand it…

I was able to solve this issue by reconnecting to the server through basic Find/Join Session nodes in blueprint. This is likely a bug with the PIE and it has been reported to Epic.