Animation montage not playing

So i followed this tutorial UE4 Blueprint Tutorial 05 - Melee Combat (3/6) - YouTube

I did same thing as he did but for some reason my attack animations just wouldn’t play. I’ve checked if the slot was the same in animation montage and blueprint and it was, I checked the code like 3 times and it was identical to his. I really don’t know what could be preventing montages from playing. I tried making a simple code which should play the montage on button press but it still didn’t play making me think that the problem is within the animation blueprint. If anybody could give me some directions on where to look i would be really thankful considering I’ve been loosing it for the past 3 hours trying to solve this. Let me know if you need some screenshots. Thanks in advance.

Show us: how you playing the montage, the animgraph and the montage itself.

Something I noticed is that the code doesn’t execute after the “switch on int” node, but i still cant figure out why.

Ok so ive fixed the problem with the code not executing, i just moved everything up by one on the switch node and set the combo counter to be reset at 0 instead of 1. But i realized the animation plays on the inherited mesh which i hid instead of the component skeletal mesh [arm_mesh] i made (i made the second one [arm_mesh] so it follows the camera up and down rotation cuzz the inherited one [mesh] didn’t want to for some reason). Now i tried to redirect the new made mesh as a target for the animation but got the next warning message and didnt allow me to set the target.

Consider using the “Play Montage” node where you fcan specify the skeletal mesh.