Animation Montage Blend Out isn't smooth

Hello,

I’m having a slight issue when using montages. Previously when using montages our animations always blended out smoothly to their idle position. However, recently we’ve found that our blends always make a little circle before settling back into idle. Our start and end positions are the same as the idle, which is an additive pose. Playing around with the blend out options, we’ve only managed to reduce the appearance of this circular movement. If there is any way to get rid of the circular movement completely it would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Hello !

Usually this happens when the animation at the moment of being exported is rotated in 360° in the first keyframe. It is usually a common autokey error in 3D programs.

I recommend you check the animation from the 3D program to check its animation keyframes, and if they are all good it may be that when exporting it is generating a strange rotation of the first keyframe.

If for some reason you cannot fix it from the 3D program you can try 2 things.

1. In the Animation Screen Enable Root Motion (Check it)
    (Sorry the UE4 capture, in UE5 should be the same)

2. If none of that works, removing the blend from the animations I think would be the only way it doesn’t rotate. If you give a Constant Key in Position and rotation in the last frame of the end of the first animation, and one in the first frame on the next animation, so you can control the animation a little.

I hope it helps you!

Hello!

Could you solve your doubts?
If so, can I ask you to mark this question as “answered” so that other users can know too?

Thank you!