Animation Issue in the Event Graph of the Blueprint

Pls look at the video and guide. As can be seen that after the 1st animation ends the character returns back to the starting position and then 2nd animation starts which i dont want. I want the 2nd animation to start from the position where 1st animation ends!

Hello @Warrior_Nature ,

To make your character behave properly, I will offer you some solutions:
First Solution you can use:

If you want to use animation that move the mesh itself (Like the animation you use), when the anims end, you should also update the character location to the mesh location I believe to make your character stay in the expected location.

Second Solution you can use (I think this is the best practice for this):
For moving animation, I really recommend using an animation that stay in place, and let AI move your character to certain location. after the AI reach that location, you can play the second anim (which is the talking one).

I really encourage you to use the second solution instead of the first because, the second solution can give you more flexibility in your AI behavior (and it’s easier I think).

Thanks so much for the reply.
I am actually a newbie to UE, and doing learning step by step, so right now dont have enough knowledge to implement sol 1 or 2.
But would keep these 2 sols in mind and when I know the steps to implement these, then surely do so.
Again a thanks.

sure, here is some reference you can read about those two kinds of animation

What is the Difference between using root motion and not?When should we use it? - Development / Cinematics & Media - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)

Should You Use Root Motion? - YouTube

This docs below explain about your problem
Root Motion | Unreal Engine 4.27 Documentation

I hope learn something useful from these reference :smiley:

1 Like