Animation Issue (4.27.2)

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has seen this. I’ve been spending the last 3 hours trying to find anything but nothing has been of any help.

This is a new project. I literally have done nothing to this. (Other than importing one of my old test levels). Setting up the attack animation is the first thing I did, I made an input action (left-click = attack), going into server attack w/ anim montage. Then I call server attack and go to a Bool Rep Notify that I set for “attack”. Inside the Rep_Attack, I play the anim montage (I just used the sling animation because it was something that was long and noticeable).

Now here’s the problem, the animation ONLY plays once. Both for the server and the clients. It’s impossible for it to play more than once, without having to restart. I have played around with a bunch of different nodes trying to get this work, nothing has. I’ve done everything from doing multicasts, to changing the variable from a bool, to a float, to an int. Nothing works which makes me think it HAS to be something with the animation or anim montage. But … They all look fine?! I’m so confused!

You can clearly see that it’s still going on. When I try to play it again, I’m unable to move and stuck due to the root being enabled. (Obviously, if root is off, I can move. But that’s not the problem)

So, it’s like it’s trying to play but for some reason, the animation just won’t go through.

Is it because of the anim montage? I’m not sure. I’ve tried multiple animations, and have the same results. I feel like I’m doing something wrong but I just can’t figure it out.

Never mind, I figured it out. Kept running into a bunch of issues, either UE4 would crash, or it would cause some infinite loop. ANYWAY. After a bunch of trial and error… I got this. (Just in case anyone else has the same issue down the line)

Not sure if there’s a better way to do this, but it works! :smiley: